Thread: VisionColor - Analog color sciene for digital cinema

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 157 of 157
  1. #151  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,046
    i really dont get how people are fixing color balance in after the cineon conversion. Its too flat for me. Anyone have any tip? Basically i am doing Cineon (Flat) lut > cineon conversion to FPE.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #152  
    Senior Member 4saken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,286
    Some more GoPro aerial footage with the Impulz LUTs. It's the stuff I posted screen grabs from a couple of weeks ago.
    Lots of jello in there. Didn't know about the trick with the ND filter back then.


    https://vimeo.com/105431281
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #153  
    Senior Member Adam Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfilmz View Post
    i really dont get how people are fixing color balance in after the cineon conversion. Its too flat for me. Anyone have any tip? Basically i am doing Cineon (Flat) lut > cineon conversion to FPE.
    Normally you would grade "under" your output LUT so you can see the actual results.

    So your node list would look something like this:
    Node 1 - Cineon (Flat) LUT
    Node 2 - Colour Corrections
    Node 3 - FPE LUT

    All 3 nodes are in place when you make changes to Node 2.


    Personally I prefer setting up my structure like this:
    Node 1 - Basic colour correction (Exposure and White Balance)
    Node 2 - Cineon (Flat) LUT
    Node 3 - colour and saturation adjustments
    Node 4 - Grade, power windows, etc
    FPE LUT on my Output in the Project prefs
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #154  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Roberts View Post
    Normally you would grade "under" your output LUT so you can see the actual results.

    So your node list would look something like this:
    Node 1 - Cineon (Flat) LUT
    Node 2 - Colour Corrections
    Node 3 - FPE LUT

    All 3 nodes are in place when you make changes to Node 2.


    Personally I prefer setting up my structure like this:
    Node 1 - Basic colour correction (Exposure and White Balance)
    Node 2 - Cineon (Flat) LUT
    Node 3 - colour and saturation adjustments
    Node 4 - Grade, power windows, etc
    FPE LUT on my Output in the Project prefs
    So basically you do your exposure and WB in bmd film log image still correct? Thanks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #155  
    Senior Member Adam Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfilmz View Post
    So basically you do your exposure and WB in bmd film log image still correct? Thanks.
    Correct but while viewing it through the 2 LUTs. So what I see when doing my exposure and WB changes already has the look of those LUTs applied.
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #156  
    Senior Member Note Suwanchote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,338
    If your doing RAW adjustments the exposure setting shouldn't matter I believe.
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

    follow me on instagram @lightformfilm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #157  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt - GER
    Posts
    320
    on the vision color website, there is a tutorial on how to process the footage to receive a so called "digital negative"..there they describe to use neat video to remove the noise, and after it adding some noise. i guess this is only for high compressed footage like h264.
    did someone tried that out and can tell if this really brings better results?
    and if yes, would it make sense to do this with RAW/dng footage or Prores footage out of the bmcc?
    GRÉGORY
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •