Thread: WTB zeiss superspeeds s16 mark ii/iii PL mount

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    yh im feeling like a bit of a dick for being such a tight arse on that 9.5mm to be honest... sounds like you got damn lucky JLdp

When I picked up my 12mm MKI it had never been on a camera. Was still in the original Carl Zeiss box. Paid less than €900 for it.
    The 9.5 and 16mm are in near mint condition and cost me about the same.

So while the mechanics of the MKII and MKIII are much better, they do cost a huge amount more and are often in well used condition.
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

Quote Originally Posted by jakepowell View Post
    yh im feeling like a bit of a dick for being such a tight arse on that 9.5mm to be honest... sounds like you got damn lucky JLdp
    you should contact the seller and say, just checking if the buyer wants to back out or anything im willing to pay…and see what he says, its worth a try!
    you never know, people bid and then freak out they spent too much money and just shutdown and never pay.
    Last edited by JLdp; 04-19-2014 at 02:25 PM.

heres a mk2 9.5 with the 8 screw bayonet mount which means you can do a conversion for as cheap as the adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221417746251

This 9.5mm MK I went for $150, but it has probably seen better days

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261452731985...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

nice paperweight !

In 2012 german TV sold off a couple sets of MK IIs in Arri-B mount on German eBay as singles via seller fredfroehn. Can't access the original web pages but I have these notes on some I bought.

25mm $1286
    9.5mm $1267
    16mm $740
    12mm $439
    8mm $482 (T2.1, has a MKII style body, has a tiny vignet)

Some of the bodies had some paint flaking off on the part just by the mount. The 12mm had a small cleaning scuff on the edge of the front element and a tiny knock that your fingers can feel when you reverse your focus. The lens tech said they were all optically and mechanically excellent. The scuff didn't look to flare and the knock didn't show on screen.

Have seen a couple of 50mm go cheap also in 2013. I got one in PL mount from a well known vendor in Germany for $1380

The cheapest MKIIs that I have seen were sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg MacPherson View Post
    In 2012 german TV sold off a couple sets of MK IIs in Arri-B mount on German eBay as singles via seller fredfroehn. Can't access the original web pages but I have these notes on some I bought.

25mm $1286
    9.5mm $1267
    16mm $740
    12mm $439
    8mm $482 (T2.1, has a MKII style body, has a tiny vignet)

Some of the bodies had some paint flaking off on the part just by the mount. The 12mm had a small cleaning scuff on the edge of the front element and a tiny knock that your fingers can feel when you reverse your focus. The lens tech said they were all optically and mechanically excellent. The scuff didn't look to flare and the knock didn't show on screen.

Have seen a couple of 50mm go cheap also in 2013. I got one in PL mount from a well known vendor in Germany for $1380

The cheapest MKIIs that I have seen were sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work.
    and those cheap ones your talking about, as i remember a few were returned by the buyer because they were heavily damaged and needed services, so you have to be careful when they are going that cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by JLdp View Post
    and those cheap ones your talking about, as i remember a few were returned by the buyer because they were heavily damaged and needed services, so you have to be careful when they are going that cheap!
    Which ones are you refering to? The ones "sold off by a German rental company, needing some mechanical work" ?
    I didn't record the prices, but they were basically sold cheap as parts or needing overhaul.

The ones I bought (all above with price shown) looked and sounded a bit rough on eBay, but were in great functional condition. But JLdp I do get that there is risk and luck involved when buying from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by JLdp View Post
    heres a mk2 9.5 with the 8 screw bayonet mount which means you can do a conversion for as cheap as the adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221417746251
    This is my lens. I purchased it from a German Broadcasting company on eBay a few months ago. It is in amazing condition and works perfectly. I'd be willing to sell it (via PayPal - outside of eBay) for what I paid (around $1300 USD) plus shipping. I'm fine with claiming a lower value (or even a 'return') for customs. We used it with this adapter on an MFT 2.5k BMC: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251176724708

Also have a 12mm S16 MkII with a PL mount - Cosmetically well used, mechanically and optically superb for $1300USD + shipping.

Selling both because we finally secured a full, matching set of MkIII's.

Let me know, thanks.