Thread: New 4k Kineraw Mini

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm incredibly intrigued about the Kinemax 6k. It sounds like my dream camera sine the Red Dragon is too expensive. I could probably be happy with 16-stops for awhile. Buying a Kinefinity puts does not put me at ease though as it feels very risky dealing with a camera company outside of the US. What if the camera breaks? How is their customer service with these cameras? They need some American Authorized dealers. I hope BMD announces a similar camera in the not too distant future.

This does look like a great camera. And as CaptainHook said BMD has set a high bar in the image department. What gives me pause is the fact that a company of BMD's size and resources has had so many quality and quantity issues. I can only imagine the hurdles / nightmares a smaller company might have producing and supporting a camera.

I wish them all the success in the world. However, I'll let braver souls jump in to test the water before me.

Support and longevity would also be my biggest concerns. We've seen how hard it has been for some of these smaller companies to get a foothold in the industry and maintain a profitable business over the long haul. As a rental cam though, might be an interesting option.

The Kinemax 6k looks incredible! Anybody have experience with their other cameras? Any issues?

I played with the s35 model last week and was very impressed by the build quality and image.

The inserts for the SSDs where not exactly stellar (but that was changed with the new version),
    and I didn't like the fact, that you have to format the SSDs to HFS+,
    but otherwise than that, the I-want-it-now-factor is pretty high.

Cineform RAW is also a great feature. Its as good as Red codec, but 10x easier to decode.
    It maybe the first format which will give real possibility of editing in 'camera format'.
    Last edited by Andrew_HD; 03-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

It's one of the best features in my opinion.

I really like how you don't have to pay for 4k, and get it when you need it. The price is extremely competitive. Super exciting to see what ya'll can do with it. Might be something worth investing for.
    Steve Lee Jean
    Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

more info on kinemini 4k and kinimax
    http://www.eoshd.com/content/12299/e...ew-4k-kinemini

also apparently this vid shows the rolling shutter in "sports mode"
    looks pretty good if you ask me.
    anyone speak chinese?
    http://www.filmaker.cn/forum.php?mod...read&tid=44253

Nice to see the English language links to the new cameras. Andrew Reid mentions footage will be available in a few days. Asia and Europe may take to this camera readily if the performance and quality are there (specs don't mean much if they are not executed well). Without a distributor for the US and Canada or better, the Americas, I think some will be watching from the sidelines. Who knows, maybe they'll announce a distributor for the Americas at NAB 2014.