Thread: "Public Beta" of a new LUT from me.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Looks like a nice starting point. I'll jump in and play with. :-)

I'll test on the BMCC and BMPCC and when I get my BMPC4K later this week (should have been with me today but was sent to the wrong address, sigh) I'll test it on that too.
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

jambredz I love those shots! Makes me wanna hop on the plane to Jamaica.
    :-)
    Adam Roberts
    www.adamroberts.net

And another.

The above fisherman shots were a bit magenta so I fixed that in this one which is the SimpleBMD Lut + film convert and my tweaks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jambredz; 03-17-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Roberts View Post
    jambredz I love those shots! Makes me wanna hop on the plane to Jamaica.
    :-)
    thanks man. Its really beautiful when you get out of the city (Kingston). I'll be hitting the road again sometime this week to get some more shots.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Looking good to me Captain!

A lovely Neutral response which after my own attempts at such a LUT, I can really appreciate how long it must have taken to fine tune!

Outstanding

Here are some sneaky stills from a production I filmed recently

Hook log1_1.29.1.jpghook grad 1_1.29.2.jpghook log 2_1.24.2.jpghook grad 2_1.24.3.jpghook log3_1.180.2.jpghook grad3_1.180.4.jpg
    Last edited by Tom; 03-17-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Tom Majerski
    Cinematographer / Photographer / CGI Artist / Filmmaker

http://www.TetraGrade.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5157752/

Appreciate the footage so far, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kennysule View Post
    I was just about to say, the skin tones do look a little bit on the redder side of things. Not necessarily a bad thing, but of note.
    I'd love to get more thoughts on this, as i mentioned on page 1 that can be really tricky and i wonder if it's best left to the 'user' to dial in skin to their taste/monitor, or attempt to have a more 'pleasing' starting point even if not as natural/neutral?

What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by kennysule View Post
    The shot of the lake/mountain/cloud landscape and the refraction of the sunset is stunning. Really harnesses the bit depth.
    Thanks! That's actually shot Prores on the BMCC too, i can only imagine if it were RAW!
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

alright, here's some of my footage with the simple lut applied. it's a great starting point but I think it might need some more tweaking. it feels like the over all image has a bit too much magenta in it. maybe it's my footage and I haven't nailed the white balance in all the shots, maybe it's the lut. I can't really tell to be honest. but if I apply the vibe lut, the footage has less of a magenta tint to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    alright, here's some of my footage with the simple lut applied. it's a great starting point but I think it might need some more tweaking. it feels like the over all image has a bit too much magenta in it. maybe it's my footage and I haven't nailed the white balance in all the shots, maybe it's the lut. I can't really tell to be honest. but if I apply the vibe lut, the footage has less of a magenta tint to it.
    This image here doesn't seem to magenta to me, so i wonder the difference between it and the rest?

But i'll play with your other frames as well and see if simple WB/Tint helps or if i need to tweak inside the LUT in that area.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    This image here doesn't seem to magenta to me, so i wonder the difference between it and the rest?
    in that shot the lightsource from the left was a big fluorescent tube that had a very cold temperature to it. and from the right side you got yellow/red light from other fluorescent tubes that you can see in the other shots of the bowling alley.

in all the other shots, the lighting was from regular light bulbs and daylight.

What lenses/filters are being used?

I had a quick play on my laptop and adding a little of my green tint node from my WB Tools powergrades does most of what i would want (plus a little cooling off and warming up here and there). I'll reserve thoughts until i check on my FSI later on, but looks like WB changes clean it up pretty well.

I'll have a look at adjusting the LUT and see if still works well for other footage too.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.