Thread: "Public Beta" of a new LUT from me.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
    Indeed, a clean look is quite easily accomplished. Btw did you grade the BTS of the BMD short movie?
    Yes, and i actually graded it using this LUT i'm gonna put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Would love to have some sort of "inbetween" LUT (if that makes sense) that brings the Ursa material in the same ballpark (color/curve and gamma wise) as the material from the 2.4k/pocket, to make it match more easy.

In a perfect world, I would hope to see a "match old BMD" option, in addition to the 709 and 4.6k options in the raw tab.
    Have you tried using Resolve's color managed timeline and setting it to BMDFilm for all the clips? It should get you "closer".

Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    Did this ever get a v1 release under any of the new names being thrown about in this thread? or is v.0.8 the latest?
    No, i started to work for BM during it and become too busy with "other" things.
    Plus, feedback on it started to die off so the first post has the two latest versions.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    That's really nice! Thanks.

@CaptainHook, any ETA on your 4.6K LUT? I have used your 4K LUT on every project I've done for the last year.

Any plans to release a modified version of the 4K LUT that factors in the changes to the 4K cam's color science in Update v3.2? Any insight into what changed from v3.1?

Thanks
    Find me on Vimeo or YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by framefury View Post
    @CaptainHook, any ETA on your 4.6K LUT?

Thanks
    I'm curious as well, really liked that look.

I have had a BMDCC and BMDPC for years now and have always been disappointed with the real-time output of these cameras when trying to use them for live streaming. The blacks were basically brown and all the color was shifted in a way that blended poorly with other cameras so I rarely used them. I came across a post by Howard Roll explaining that the BMD Teranex Mini SDI to HDMI 12G could apply a LUT to an SDI input and send it out in real-time with no latency so I bought one.

I had my first opportunity to try it out earlier today and quickly pulled up one of the 2 preset LUTs in the box for converting a "Blackmagic camera default color space to REC 709". It looked terrible and I was really bummed about it, knowing that I would need to send back the converter and be stuck with these cameras that were only good for projects where I had time to color grade the captured video. In a last-ditch move, I found this thread from CaptainHook in a Google search and downloaded his free LUT.

WOW. Problems are solved, cameras are functional for live streaming, blacks are black, colors are consistent...all is right with the world! Thanks, CaptainHook, for posting this LUT. It really helped to solve a long-term problem for me and I hope that someone else sees this that needs it too.
    Last edited by gsbe; 01-12-2018 at 10:24 PM.