Thread: GH 4K footage - serious competitor to BMK4K

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 231 to 240 of 240
  1. #231  
    Taking a Vacation
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    but why are they comparing the pocket camera with the gh4? it makes absolutely no sense. of course a cam that only does 1080p will not be as sharp.

    they should have compared it to the bmpc that actually does 4k.

    and even after seeing all the footage from the gh4 for far, I still have to say the color science is no where near blackmagic. it still looks like video.
    You can see what you want to see, GH4 can be graded to what you want and has as much or more dynamic range than Pocket Camera in ProRes Hq. The detail at 4k is even more apparent. Also the GH4 is a video camera that can give you a video look or cinematic. Finally C100 is a 1080p camera that is much sharper and has more detail than the Pocket Camera as well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #232  
    Senior Member 4saken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,286
    You just don't get it, do you? I'm not talking about dynamic range. That isnt everything. I'm talking about color science. The way black magic cameras render colors. Even with the BMPC that obviously has less DR than the BMPCC and maybe even the GH4K, the image is still superior.
    This has been mentioned before and many people agree, especially when it comes to skin tones, the Panasonic and even the Canon cameras are not on the same level.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #233  
    Taking a Vacation
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    You just don't get it, do you? I'm not talking about dynamic range. That isnt everything. I'm talking about color science. The way black magic cameras render colors. Even with the BMPC that obviously has less DR than the BMPCC and maybe even the GH4K, the image is still superior.
    This has been mentioned before and many people agree, especially when it comes to skin tones, the Panasonic and even the Canon cameras are not on the same level.
    You're wasting your time
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #234  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
    Atomos is releasing Shogun, which is their version of 4K recorder. It will be just under 2K for the kit (a couple of batteries plus HDD cradles). It accepts SDI and HDMI. GH4 can send clean and stable 10bit through HDMI, so for $3700 you can have 10 bit 4K out of a box. Shogun is supposed to accept stock 2.5" HDD or SSD's, hence the media will be affordable. I just wish GH4 was able to send 96fps through HDMI, which is only internal option for now. Also Shogun offers phantom powered two XLR's for sound recording, with sound meters, and scopes for video stream.
    Is GH4 perfect? No, but I don't think there is another option in the price bracket to offer similar features. For me it will be ideal solution for smaller projects, projects that require small and light camera (remote locations). For everything else I can just rent something bigger.
    4K 96fps over HDMI won't happen even with HDMI 2.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #235  
    Senior Member misterkofa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SF Oakland Bay Area
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by 4saken View Post
    You just don't get it, do you? I'm not talking about dynamic range. That isnt everything. I'm talking about color science. The way black magic cameras render colors. Even with the BMPC that obviously has less DR than the BMPCC and maybe even the GH4K, the image is still superior.
    This has been mentioned before and many people agree, especially when it comes to skin tones, the Panasonic and even the Canon cameras are not on the same level.
    You're beating a dead horse bro. Mr. GH3/4 doesn't like anyone talking bad about his beloved panasonics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #236  
     

  7. #237  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,558
    I think you just shot yourself in the foot. They look bad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #238  
    Taking a Vacation
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluoro View Post
    I think you just shot yourself in the foot. They look bad.
    Those shots clearly show you a natural base which can be graded to anyone's liking. The detail in each shot stands out above a 5D project it was intercut with.

    Finally did you ever post that footage you said you were Mr. Fluro, we've been waiting to see what you consider very good.

    Always nice to see people's opinion.
    Peace
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #239  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by J.F.R. View Post
    Finally did you ever post that footage you said you were Mr. Fluro, we've been waiting to see what you consider very good.
    Hey I have a link to my website in my sig so I think that's a bit of a low blow- you're welcome to check out my work. I know it's not that impressive but I never claimed it was. Slowly I improve. I can still have an opinion about some GH4 frame grabs. I know they are yet to be graded but I'd be surprised if they graded anywhere nearly as nicely as BM footage. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #240  
    Taking a Vacation
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluoro View Post
    Hey I have a link to my website in my sig so I think that's a bit of a low blow- you're welcome to check out my work. I know it's not that impressive but I never claimed it was. Slowly I improve. I can still have an opinion about some GH4 frame grabs. I know they are yet to be graded but I'd be surprised if they graded anywhere nearly as nicely as BM footage. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    No, just different look.


    Also wasn't a low blow I just wanted to see what you thought was great skin tones. Having used Panasonic, Canon, Blackmagic, Red etc. I find it all to be in the grade.
    Apologies if I disrespected you. I will post the final project to these shots later this week, I actually ended up making them black and white due to the subject matter of a song we shot it for
    Peace
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •