Thread: DaVinci Resolve for editing?

1. #1 DaVinci Resolve for editing? 
    Hi There

I've just put my hands on the new Beta and am quite thrilled of what we'll all get as a "little accessory" with our BMCs. What I've also noticed, Resolve's "Conform" section seems to be quite elaborate and features a lot of editing possibilities.

What do you think? Might it be a possibility to edit some projects entirely in Resolve? Or at least do a raw cut and then make use of the nice exporting possibilities?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Cheers
    Remo

Editing is very easy in the new resolve once you get use to the interface. I think you can edit many small projects with it. I would not do a feature. But you can easily do a short. I have not played with the audio tracks yet. Once I do I will come back here and post. If you have no money then you have something that is free and better then nothing.

Potentially might use it for some 1st draft grading samples for dailies. But, it's proxy into Premiere for me, lock edit, XML out and into Davinci for grading.

May I ask why you choose XML over AAF out of premiere? Isn't AAF more native to premiere and also accepted by resolve?
    cheers!

http://www.lwks.com/

If you want a free professional editing suite.

http://www.lwks.com/

Not the most intuitive.. But it's free.