Thread: Pieces. A new selection of footage.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvz View Post

Also, to be clear, am I right in saying it sounds like this video was not color graded at all? Direct representation of the in-camera "FILM" gamma curve?
    I did a very basic "balancing grade", but didn't grade for "effect"

jb

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I did a very basic "balancing grade", but didn't grade for "effect"

jb
    Ah ok, good to know.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the fixed pattern noise and aliasing I noticed. The FPN is particularly odd because it is very visible in only one shot and not in any other shots. Is it simply that that shot was underexposed and corrected to match, bringing out some otherwise very deeply buried pattern noise? Or is there something else special about that shot or just a camera failure during that one shot?

Other people see that strong FPN in that shot too, right? Just want to make sure I'm not crazy...

The aliasing question is always an interesting one, no OLPF means lots of detail but also extra aliasing. I usually feel like the strong OLPF of RED cameras is too much and loses too much detail that is quite noticeable at 1:1 viewing, but I recently had a shoot where aliasing on a very very fine pattern was visible even on RED and I can only imagine the problem it would have caused in a camera with no OLPF.