Thread: BMCC Rig - Purchasing tomorrow.

1. #1 BMCC Rig - Purchasing tomorrow. 
    Hello All,

This place is great finding so much good info on workflow during production and in post.

Anyway, below is a list of items I am planning to purchase tomorrow... company is buying it, I just want to make sure I get everything right the first time around...

Here goes:
    BMCC EF Mount
    AtomOS Samurai Blade External monitor/recorded
    Sandisk Exterme II 480GB
    iKan BlackFly Cinema Rig
    Manfrotto 504HD head

I still have some more room to play with, I just need to determine if there is anything I am missing. I think I will also need an external battery solution, something by Wooden Camera or Anton Bauer.

Any suggestions or warnings will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    BMCFinVid

Have you considered getting the BMCC with the MFT mount instead so you can use the Metabones Speed Booster? :P Also, a V-Mount battery system is definitely a good idea to put on your list especially since the company is paying for it anyway.

I second the v-mount. I have three batteries and a dual charger. I can shoot for days before recharging if need be.
    -Michael Beck

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeck View Post
    I second the v-mount. I have three batteries and a dual charger. I can shoot for days before recharging if need be.
    VMount!!!!
    This camera destroys batteries.

I will be buying a v mount bracket most definitely. there was a user here that was selling 3 SSDs and also had 3 Switronix PB70s for sale... and I think I'll be set with that. Otherwise I need to determine what I want to do with lenses, the rokinon set is stupid cheap, but i hear the 14mm lens is junk. Ideally I'd like to get a great wide prime, and possibly a zoom...

the issue with the MFT mount BMCC is that I emailed Metabones and the Speedbooster won't be ready for release until Feb. 2014.

If anything i will probably get the EF mount, and then once the time comes and it releases I can see if anyone would like to buy the EF mount?

I was able to test the camera out before buying, and in the middle of the shoot posted below we had to stop and charge the camera up... few hours later, we needed to do the same thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSmx9ddz7Ek

Thanks,
    BMCFinVid