Thread: Another Frame Grab.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I couldn't help myself...

Quote Originally Posted by fahnon View Post
    The dynamic range will be the same if we capture compressed to prores, yes?
    You can choose "Film" or "Video" space when capturing to ProRes. "Film" mode should give you nearly the same DR as RAW and 'Video" will trade a couple of stops of dynamic range for a much nicer looking and instantly useable image.

jb

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw this grab. (raw) Very cool what everyone has done with it too. Wow.

BMC is not only a camera, it's also a time machine. It will turn the next few months into a YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Flack View Post
    If somehow possible, at least make it prettier. I don't necessarly see noise as a bad thing (if it isn't the terrible high-ISO Canon noise).
    So think about the RAW post workflow here. Unlike the Canon et al cameras that do a lot of image processing under the hood, you get to choose this in RAW. If you hate noise, you can use the awesome noise reduction that's available in RESOLVE to make it go away. Except you can choose HOW MUCH with a slider, and what kind of threshold it kicks in at...shot by selective shot.

Remember you don't get something for nothing. The heavier the noise reduction applied, the less sharpness you'll have. This is the power of RAW processing. You get to create your own recipes. So don't judge the noise here, aside from the fact that it's a uncalibrated sensor....

You're looking at the raw ingredients....

If you saw an unprocessed RAW video from a Canon (if such a thing was posisble) you'd probably see noise in that. It's just that it gets surpressed before it even hits your screen, whether you like it or not....

WITH a RAW workflow, you CHOOSE your own noise reduction and sharpening regime.

jb

Resolve is a beast. Like John says, shooting RAW means you can make much more creative choices in post based on the recipe/look you want. The less processing the camera has to do, the better, methinks.

Very cool to be seeing more footage, impressive

Here's another. Hi everyone. ...PS Take three.

leah-takethree.jpg

PPS - Underworld (I always wnated to do that)

leah-underworld.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Joe Giambrone; 04-24-2012 at 09:36 PM.

John- Do you know if there will be an in camera Pixel mapping procedure for dead pixel issues that can happen?

Most manufactures have included that as a routine now in camera that once was a service repair. However, that can be a bit much for service getting flooded for what is a simple routine done in camera.

Pappas
    http://PAPPASARTS.WORDPRESS.COM
    http://TWITTER.COM/PAPPASARTS
    BlackMagic Digital Camera Info Thread: http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...mp-Latest-Info
    Last edited by PappasArts; 04-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.

All done in After Effects
    leah-wide_1_1_1_1-22-2-(0-00-00-00).jpg