Thread: DaVinci Resolve 10 beta 2 is now available

1. #1 DaVinci Resolve 10 beta 2 is now available 
    Hello, we are pleased to report that DaVinci Resolve 10 beta 2 is now available on the BMD support web site.
    This is a no charge download for all DaVinci Resolve customers and there is a Lite version available for Mac OS X and Windows also at no charge.

This update includes a number of fixes for reported issues with beta 1. Thank you for your feedback.
    Peter

...and now Premiere Pro CC will digest the XML coming from Resolve 10. GREAT!

Taking a Vacation
    Thanks Peter. Will give it a go tonight.

Thanks Peter.

I am a little curious about why you've decided to change the layout on the Delivery page. Resolve has a workflow that pretty much goes from left to right, but for some reason it goes in the opposite direction on the Delivery page. The most important stuff should be place to the left on a page, in this case the render settings panel. What's the idea behind this, and also what are benefits we should gain from this kind of change?

Curious if anyone else has noticed that the viewers in the Media/Edit pages are displaying footage at 100%? The "fit" option isn't resizing for me...hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by CYork View Post
    Curious if anyone else has noticed that the viewers in the Media/Edit pages are displaying footage at 100%? The "fit" option isn't resizing for me...hmmm
    This is a known issue with the current beta 2. Please set your timeline resolution to be the same as your output resolution to workaround the problem.

Just a warning to others on the Windows platform. Both versions of the Beta are very unstable. I have been crashing mine consistently (Importing XML, deleting Audio, Sizing errors, etc....) and just spent a deal of time working on a project that will now not save. Install at your own risk! As I've said before a BM Beta is a Beta Beta. Shame because there are some great new features I really wanted to use (motion blur, retiming ...)
    Last edited by MelbFilm; 10-08-2013 at 05:20 PM.

A Beta Beta? That would be an Alpha then..
    Betas are always at your own risk, and should be used only for testing and work you can afford to lose, i.e. not any serious work.

Thanks for the warning though.

EDIT: If you can't save, you can try to export the stills from the clips, at least you'll have the corrections made.
    Last edited by SMPse; 10-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.