Thread: Resolve crash

1. #1 Resolve crash 
    When ever I have 2 video cards in Resolve crashes while bringing up the thumbnails of my media files (cinema dng's) and I get a monitor recovery error and my monitors reset. it happens with version 9 and 10. I have a hp xw8600 with an nvidia quadro 5000 and an nvidia quadro fx5800 installed. when I pull the 5000 it works fine. There is no problem with any other software. Premiere, After Effects, Photophop all work fine with the 2 cards. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

Which of those cards have displays connected? Hopefully not both? If both, remove the display(s) from one of the cards, and relaunch Resolve and see if that changes anything.

If you look in Resolve Preferences / System Overview, what is it reporting in the GPUs section?

What OS are you using?

What NVIDIA driver are you using?

I'm on windows 7, the newest drivers from nvidia. Tried it with and without monitors on both cards. I finally ended up pulling the quadro fx 5600 and it works fine. I would like to use 2 gpu's though. Thank you for responding.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm on a mac and have the same issue of crashing when I go near cinema dngs. I can process RED files and prores but dngs kill. It also started with the adding another graphics card to the fx 5600 already in the system.

You said FX5800 in your OP. The FX5600 is not a supported card, and likely would cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwaine View Post
    You said FX5800 in your OP. The FX5600 is not a supported card, and likely would cause issues.
    I've got the fx5600, which worked fine before I added the second card. I think I will have to grab a different cuda card.... It is strange though...

typo on my part. it is an fx5600. that's probably the problem. I pulled it. Thanks again. Strange that it's not supported though. It was not a cheap card when I bought it.

FX5600 has basic CUDA support, but not good enough CUDA support for Resolve. An FX5800 card will work.