Thread: QT error in Resolve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 QT error in Resolve 
    Hi guys. I'm getting this when I open my project now.

Untitled-1.jpg

What can I do?

I tried the Beta and it lost my database. I uninstalled 10 Beta and reinstalled v.9.

Still same problem. Could this be a QT thing?

The file plays fine with QT player which is why I think it's a Resolve issue.

Are you using Resolve 9.1.4? If so, install the current 9.1.6 version. Did this file work originally with Resolve?

Yeah, this file was built with v9.xxx. I downloaded and re-installed the newest version (including V10 BETA) and it did not work so I went back to 9.1.6. Peter, where are you?

I don't know if this is any help, but I had a problem with Resolve 9, where the Avid DNxHD didn't show because for some reason the DNxHDCodec.dll wasn't installed.

On a PC you can check the hidden C:\ProgramData folder and see if the QtDecoder folder contain all 5 files, as is may not be installed properly. Also check the plugins folder for all 3 dll files.

I'll try a re-install of DNxHD. That may be the ticket...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. These are files installed by Resolve, and can/should be found in the Blackmagic Design folder in ProgramData, i.e. "C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support"
    Last edited by SMPse; 09-17-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I don't have that address.

Re-installed DNxHD, no error on thumbnail generation, but locks up and doesn't refresh thumbnails now.

I'm going to update my NVIDIA driver next.

You need to unhide the ProgramData folder. Go to Windows Control Panel, select Folder Options, and in the View tab of Folder Options, click the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" option in the "Hidden files and folders" area.

All of the files are there. This diagnostic is taking too long. I'm on a tight schedule. I'm getting the feeling coloring the whole film again from scratch is the fastest option for me now. I'll take a second look if I get time today between editing and writing.