Thread: 17 Days...

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    The Videoguys AU emailed me and said some will be shipped before the end of July.

one more thing (not relate to the topic)

I posted while a go about BMPC delivery time
    http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?43...7732#post67732
    And the thread was closed same day after the last post.

I thought it's ok I was new and might did not dig into the forum enough.
    After that I found some posts discussed similar topic but very limit.
    Many posts in this thread discuss very similar thing so now I am not sure why my thread was closed.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by k0bayashi View Post
    In all fairness, I'd be ok if I get my 4K by December. BMD have given me no indication they will be on time and I would be able to get it in August. CVP is my dealer, and they don't even have demo units? IF they dont have their demo units then how in the name of the Good Lord, would I get mine on time?

Just think about it. All I have is historical data to go by; and their delivery record is poor to say the least regardless of whose fault it was.

5-6 month delay seems like a staple of BMD, by December/Jan 14 I may get another EF or MFT 2.5K. Will wait and see, but I ain't hoping for a miracle, only fools do.
    In so many videos BM has said they are still planning on the July release date. Considering how much the last shipping delay hurt their sales, I can't see this happening again.

We will only truly know on the 25th though. With that being said....6 Days until release!!!

I dropped by the Adorama store in NYC yesterday and asked an employee if they had any updates on shipping. I was told that they may not get the pocket cams for another 2 months. Hopefully I was misinformed...

Shouldnt the 4k also land in a few days? No demo footage yet?
    EF-BMCC 1300x00 - the lucky one

Quote Originally Posted by RichardQuintero View Post
    I dropped by the Adorama store in NYC yesterday and asked an employee if they had any updates on shipping. I was told that they may not get the pocket cams for another 2 months. Hopefully I was misinformed...
    Holy crap, this is already being tweeted as being fact.
    Man the power of social media.
    Of course it could be true but I doubt this company won't ship anything out by the end of the month as they stated. They couldn't take another black eye.
    JHDT Productions
    Video production for television and web
    www.jhdtstockimages.com
    IMDB Profile
    www.imdb.com/name/nm4265184/

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Hellbach View Post
    I doubt this company won't ship anything out by the end of the month as they stated. They couldn't take another black eye.
    But if they ship 5 7/31/13 and proudly proclaim that "shipping in July", they might do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardQuintero View Post
    Really? Because I was there this morning and they said all the pre-orders have been filled.

probably of the m43 and ef mount bmcc, but definitely not the pocket cam.
    JB Schiess
    Cinematographer
    Textbook Productions
    textbooklooks.com

Quote Originally Posted by alex1 View Post
    Really? Because I was there this morning and they said all the pre-orders have been filled.
    For the Pocket Cam??? Without an announcement? If true, BMD has missed a real fine opportunity for some richly deserved gloating.

Taking a Vacation
    If there are significant delays this time, I think Blackmagic need to reassess the camera program and the way it is marketed. These cameras are sold as mass market products, the pricing attests to that and that is the great thing about Blackmagic. They're very much in the Apple mould of wanting to bring technology to a broad audience. The problem is, despite all their best intentions this isn't happening.

Might it be better for Blackmagic to work out how to mass produce this stuff behind closed doors first whilst rolling out a small quantities of development cameras around a worldwide network of shooters and pros who will advise on improving the breed? Then by the time the are able to mass produce them to satisfy demand, we actually have them In Stock and designed to perfection.

As we near final week of July, Blackmagic must be able to estimate how many units will ship in the first batches. That we don't have this info, points to a problem, and that is very sad. I'm passionate about these cameras, hence the frustration.