Thread: Video card work around?

1. #1 Video card work around? 
    I have a ati 6850 and i know it isn't officially supported by resolve, but does anyone know a work around? Or is buying one of the specific resolve video cards the only option?

Thanks.

It's the only option. Before you buy, what's the detail of your pc hardware? I wonder if the GPU isn't the only item that's lacking.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Chamberlain View Post
    It's the only option. Before you buy, what's the detail of your pc hardware? I wonder if the GPU isn't the only item that's lacking.
    Peter
    Everything else works great, just the video card gets the prompt that I need one with CUDA.

I was hoping for a work around, but I guess nvidia 570's go for pretty cheap these days.

Apparently you have a Mac Pro? If the color corrections and sizing are working properly, and the only issue is a warning message when you launch Resolve, you can ignore that. I would imagine the ATI 6850 should work, since the 6000 series chips work in the iMac and MBP systems. But Resolve on Mac Pro is only setup to recognize the HD5770 and HD5870 ATI cards, and if it's any other ATI card, you'll get the warning at launch. Same with some NVIDIA cards that are not in the supported list, but may still work OK if they have adequate CUDA support. But also be aware that for current 9.1.3 Resolve to work properly with ANY ATI/AMD GPU, you MUST be using Mountain Lion. If you have 9.0.4 or earlier on Snow Leopard, that can work with AMD/ATI GPU's but 9.1 and higher will NOT work with AMD/ATI GPUS at all in Snow Leopard, and all V9 versions of Resolve have highlight posterization issues with AMD/ATI GPU's in Lion. So for 9.1 and higher, you MUST use Mountain Lion for proper AMD/ATI GPU support.

As far as I know with either Mac or PC, if the GPU is not supported Resolve defaults to using the CPU for all image processing. Slow.

Not correct. There is no fall back to CPU. Resolve requires a GPU for image processing.
    This has been the case for many years now.
    Peter