Thread: BMC LUT for Cineform

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 BMC LUT for Cineform 
    Here is BMC LUT compatible with Cineform (converted from Resolve one). Once downloaded it needs just clicking to be installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5oe2aa350on3lnp

If you convert RAW DNGs with GoPro Studio than after applying lut image will look over saturated (easy to fix).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_HD View Post
    Here is BMC LUT compatible with Cineform (converted from Resolve one). Once downloaded it needs just clicking to be installed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5oe2aa350on3lnp

If you convert RAW DNGs with GoPro Studio than after applying lut image will look over saturated (easy to fix).
    thanks!
    i'll download and use soon
    www.lightformfilm.com
    https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

The over saturation is due to Studio providing the correct color matrix (which is also included in the LUT.) You can switch studio to nuetral for the color matrix to fix that. This will likely requires native camera curves, as it still look slight wrong with Protune curve (I still prefer the Studio defaults to this LUT.) I will like need to add the camera native curve to make this LUT work at it best.

The only problem is that when you use neutral color matrix than white balance is wrong.
    Camera native curve would be nice to have, so people can match Resolve results (which can be sometimes needed).

What would be the best for the workflow would be to get the same/similar output from Cineform like the BMD film curve so that I could use the same workflow in Resolve like using DNG's (applying the captains lut etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Wuudi View Post
    What would be the best for the workflow would be to get the same/similar output from Cineform like the BMD film curve so that I could use the same workflow in Resolve like using DNG's (applying the captains lut etc..)
    What he said.

I've been working with BMCC's files in Resolve with success, now I've got the free trial of CineForm Studio Pro and I'm trying to convert to CineForm for the file size benefits, but I still want to import into Resolve and work with the file in the exact same way I would with the original BMCC files. None of this having to choose an import / output gama curve and whatnot that produces a file that acts different in Resolve to the original DNGs. Does anyone have a solution that's working for them?
    Last edited by metaljesus; 05-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Acutally I've found I can do the conversation with Resolve. Resolve applies BMD Film curve and then when I import the new cineform mov file I works just the original DNGs.

The only difference is, from Resolve you get normal Cineform, from Studio you get CineformRaw.

Oh damn. I didn't realize the distinction. So are we basically waiting on GoPro and Blackmagic to work together to include the bmc film curve in Studio Pro?

I don't think there is a way to do it currently- looks like Cineform always applies some curve. You can get quite close I think, but no way to get "original" look.