Thread: My BMDFilm LUT

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Wow, the bottom image looks great Kholi ! Very exciting to see that, thanks! Especially with my LUT being used!

Something i love about using the LUT is that it makes grading BMCC footage (and other footage actually) much faster which generally leads to me making better decisions overall since your first reaction is so crucial and your brain adjusts and starts to filter what you see (and hear/smell/etc) so quickly. It's that "wake up the next day and immediately see what you need to do to fix yesterday's work" effect.. if you can stay in that place by working quicker (and with other techniques) there's less chance of needing to revise your work i've found.

Great idea about getting select LUT's onto the camera.. it just occurred to me while reading what you wrote that if not possible to load up the camera with extra LUTs etc, it MIGHT be possible to 'replace' the default 'Video' LUT with your own (or options chosen by BMD as you suggest) by firmware 'updating' - the same way i've noticed that say changing from Prores to DNxHD recording on the hyperdeck shuttle seems to actually load different firmware on the unit (from what i can tell) and requires the unit to be connected to your computer. Maybe we should start to nag BMD more and get a response either way if it's possible or not.

@kicap - i think if my first post isn't helpful you might be after more of a general resolve step-by-step guide which there are already many good ones of. But if this seems to be a common request i'll look at putting one together.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

That's incredible Captain, thanks for sharing.

Frank

Thanks Frank! Hope you find it useful.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Oh yeah, I do. I really do.

This looks great; maybe just what I need to start using Resolve more. Thanks for putting it up!
    Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Looks really good (if I only finally get my BMCC), do you have any comparsion shoot of your LUT and the default Blackmagic Log to 709 lut?

Thank you so much Captain, this is very helpful for me as a starter in color grading, much appreciated

Captain,

I'll leave the ship when you did! Thanks a lot for the LUT, looks wonderful!

Very nice and many thanks!

For me this a a great starter film lut, as it leaves plenty of options left for yourself to change. In comparison the Kodak and Fuji LUTs posted before were more finished looks, but not really useful if you don't want that exact look (I love them as well though).

Looking forward to see more user LUTs, I don't even know how to make a LUT yet!

Thanks, Cap. I'll put it to good use especially in a time crunch.