Thread: Selling my BMCC and Rig [AUS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks guys for the support! I think what I was enjoying the most was actually the much more focused job of doing the photography (as in DoP), which I'm still interested in doing for projects.

I think the idea of trying to produce, direct and film on my own small projects was beginning to look like too much work for what I really wanted out of it all. To be creative and have fun, not try to organise and run everything when I'm also working a job and trying to have a life too haha. I'm only 25 after all

Just an update on the sale, I'm almost done on a deal with everything except:

• 2x 256GB Crucial SSDs
    • Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM + 2-stop Kenko ND and CPL filter

As mentioned, the lens is around 2 years old and the SSDs were bought in late September.

You might still see me around here however. Perhaps we could keep the photography thread going!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I NEVER expected this!

A real shame Nick.

Are you going to spend more money now on Photo gear? if so, what catches your eye?

I wish I lived in Aus, Id buy it from you in a heartbeat.
    Well, for now I'm actually mostly set! I have the 5D Mark III, a 24-70mm F2.8L II which is my workhorse and a 50mm F1.4 for bokehlicious portraits. I've been considering getting an 85mm F1.8 or faster but haven't needed it in particular yet.

Most pictures I enjoy taking fall within those boundaries. Portraits, small venue gigs, friends/the odd party with softened hot shoe flash sorta pictures. I've never had a real need for any telephoto or super wide lenses myself.

This is normally how close I am to my portrait subjects haha. (5DIII + 50mm F1.4)

cool. cya around. You are an asset to this community though. Don't be a stranger.

Good luck Nick, your enthusiasm is inspiring. Too bad you couldn't make it work-I'm loving my camera and could never part with it...

I think you should hook up with person's with projects and JUST DP alone (like regular DP's do ) This way you can stick around and we can get to see your work . I agree that doing all those other stuff alone can be quite overwhelming.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Hi Nick, let me tell you man, this business is like a disease, you can,t get rid of it, it is like the Roach motel commercial's slogan here in the US " you check in but you don't check out, jambredz advice is a logical one, you can find many film students to help you do your production, most of them will work to learn, then you can concentrate on being a DP, wishing you good luck man.

Jambredz, yeah I've done that twice now (one with the BMCC, one just 5Ds) and it's been a lot of fun because I'm not tied down with weeks and weeks of prep and post and editing.
    Last edited by nickjbedford; 03-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Nick, once you sell the BMC get treat yourself to the 85 1.2 or at least the 70-200 2.8 IS. Then bank the rest of the money and go out and make more money doing what you do. The BMC will be there down the road if you wish to return to it. Until then, film with your MK3 and have fun with projects.

Peace man!

85 1.2 - not cool IMO

Minimum focus? Big heavy, overpriced, sloppy ring (and no one likes a sloppy ring)?

Best canon tele ive touched (IMO) is the 70-200/4 non IS!

Nick.

Imo photography is like skiing - "bend zee knees"

Bend zee knees! LOL. Love that.

85 1.2 a sloppy lens? LOL, Love that one too.

I have the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 70-200 f4 non IS. I agree. The f4 non IS is a great optic.