Thread: At least tell me the lens is a piece of crap..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 At least tell me the lens is a piece of crap.. 
    Taking a Vacation
    I've tried to kick start a discussion of the new Canon primes 24mm and 28mm and I get the same blank look, forum wise and no body is interested or ever used them. They are to my knowledge the ONLY EF primes with Stabilization. Which for that reason alone should make people interested if they have the EF BMCC.

So seriously is no one interested in stabilized primes? just tell me, then I can stop wasting your time.

This one?

Only thing that annoys me... It's not fast enough for my tastes! I Will use it this weekend, but the Main lens will be the Canon CN-E 24mm T1.5 L F Cine Lens!
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

No experience with these lenses, but I've been very interested in trying them out. I think the price kind of puts people off, but they're supposed to be high quality, lightweight, with great stabilization.

There is a 35mm lens now too and it's actually f2.0. It also supposedly has Canon's new Hybrid Stabilization which compensates for shift movements as well as tilt. DXO rates the new 35mm as one of the best, but the new Sigma 35mm is a bit better and faster. No IS of course.

I don't think these 3 lenses will be very popular when there are so many great options available, but if you're looking for high IQ, lightweight, and IS all in one package then it seems you can't go wrong here.

Jorge do you know if the CN-E 24 is optically the same as the 24 1.4 L just rehoused?

Cinema vs L series:

https://vimeo.com/56357604

Warning - NSFW
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Personally 2.8 is too slow to get excited about. At that speed might as well use the 17-55 F/2.8 for when you really need stabilisation. And then for primes buy fast glass like Rokinons. Just my 2c.

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge De Silva View Post
    This one?

Only thing that annoys me... It's not fast enough for my tastes! I Will use it this weekend, but the Main lens will be the Canon CN-E 24mm T1.5 L F Cine Lens!
    Would be great to see some footage with that lens or at least a report on how it handles stabilizing footage. I've found almost nothing online that tests the better IS, let alone how it pairs with the BMCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluoro View Post
    Personally 2.8 is too slow to get excited about. At that speed might as well use the 17-55 F/2.8 for when you really need stabilisation. And then for primes buy fast glass like Rokinons. Just my 2c.
    But the Rokinons are soft wide open.

In fact they are a bit soft all the way to 2-2.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuudi View Post
    Jorge do you know if the CN-E 24 is optically the same as the 24 1.4 L just rehoused?
    I write this about that lens on my facebook today:

"Again... sorry to bash again on Canon! :/
    "Anomalous dispersion glass to reduce chromatic aberration"
    This is what's written in Canon website regarding the new Cine lens from them! Is this for real??? I filmed a sample image at T/1.5, and I was speechless with the bad Achromatic Aberration!!! Even my old 60's takumar is better that that at f/1.4! W.T. Fuck Canon??? full analysis in the weekend...."

It answers your question?
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    Would be great to see some footage with that lens or at least a report on how it handles stabilizing footage. I've found almost nothing online that tests the better IS, let alone how it pairs with the BMCC.
    I will use it for some daylight shoots on Sunday because of my vari ND size, and I will have a canon 10-22 too