Thread: Alternative to JuicedLink box ?

1. #1 Alternative to JuicedLink box ? 
    I need an audio solution but don't feel like springing for the Juicedlink. Anyone have a more aesthetically pleasing, simpler looking solution that has a pre-amp?

Just got my juicedlink riggy and I'm pleasantly surprised by the low profile of its size and its ugly logo. Not as aesthetically cumbersome as it appears on the web.

I really like my SoundDevices MixPre-D. The sound quality is phenomenal, it's got lots of flexibility, and can even be a digital I/O for your computer. It's a bit in the opposite direction I think that you're looking for in price, but you'd never really need to get another one again.

BMCuser Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Darge View Post
    I need an audio solution but don't feel like springing for the Juicedlink. Anyone have a more aesthetically pleasing, simpler looking solution that has a pre-amp?
    This is cool but needs outboard power

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/MIC100.aspx

Check this :

http://m.bhphotovideo.com/mobile/det...l+Stereo+Mixer

I'm using the cheapest Sound Devices MP-1. I just got the camera on Friday so haven't had a chance to test audio yet.

I recently bought the roland r-26 field recorder - it's around 500 - suppose to have good pre-amps - i was looking at zacks solution with the SoundDevices MixPre-D - i'm in pre-pro for a small indy feature im about to do - sure would be a nice gift to the editor for him not to have to synch the audio - have to research a little more zack's solution. Zack yer just going into the camera with only the mix pre right? yer using the BMC for the actual recording of audio right? Since the BMC doesn't have audio levels "per se" I know there's a work around - I just have to do a little research. I know Frank does something similar - but he's using his monitor for levels. Anyway - google here I come with some questions.....