With this I will get focal lengths of:

10.65mm 2.0
    15mm 2.8
    17.75 1.4
    25mm 2.0
    35.5 1.4
    50mm 2.0

which would give me the equiv 35mm fov of

Not a bad set considering I can eventually add more too it and if I had to I can put the lenses on full frame (without booster) or s35. Any thoughts?

Very nice - proper lenses (nice to focus) - proper speeds - 'affordable' and the lenses move forward to a S35 or FF cam you own in the future.

Shows the power of the MFT version which BMC are mugs not to push forward with as a matter of urgency

I consider adding an 85/2 or 105/2 or 135/2 and maybe a 24 2.8 in the fulness of time (dont know which of these zeiss make)

S

In theory, that's a genius idea, but it just makes me cringe to put Metabones glass in front of Zeiss glass. I'm not saying it won't be a nice set though...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    In theory, that's a genius idea, but it just makes me cringe to put Metabones glass in front of Zeiss glass. I'm not saying it won't be a nice set though...
    You might feel better putting the speed booster glass behind the primary glass... 8^)

Quote Originally Posted by skibovision View Post
    zeiss 50mm 2.0

With this I will get focal lengths of:

50mm 2.0

which would give me the equiv 35mm fov of

Any thoughts?
    Good calculations on those with this exception for the last one:
    I think you meant 50x2.3=115mm

Quote Originally Posted by rick.lang View Post
    You might feel better putting the speed booster glass behind the primary glass... 8^)
    It depends which way you look at it rick, lol.

I did mean 115 thanks for the correction.

As far as putting zeiss with metabones I think its ok because I think the 15 reduced to a 10.65 better fits my needs than a 12mm 1.6 from slr magic due to its ability to be used on ff and s35.

Also, this would just be a start. Once more funds come in I would purchase a 35mm 1.4 85mm 1.4 and 135mm 2.0. The reason I chose the lenses listed above is because the 35 can be made using the 50mm+metabones and the 85 and 135 are too telephoto for my needs with bmc as of now. They will be added when I switch to a larger sensor.

Maybe you can help me with crop factor and the BMCC :

Il I look at the "AbelCine Field of view Calculator" and I choose, say, a 25mm lens on super 35: The angle of view is 58.2.. If I want the same angle of view with the BMCC, I must take a 15/16 mm lens. OK ?
    So to have an equivalent of a 25 mm lens on super 35, I must use a 15 mm on BMCC ? Or a 21 mm with SpeedBooster ?

Best,

Julien

Frame size for super 16mm is 12.52 x 07.41 mm The abel cine calculator has it at 11.9 x 6.7 ????

Taking a Vacation
    Nice set but you could get a decent range for the same price with SLR magic primes without the metabones. if I went with a metabones I'm not sure I would bother with zeiss as I think some cheaper options might produce some great looks. And also you may as well have as wide as possible with the metabones like the sigma 10-20, as far as I understand the sigma 8-16 won't work.