Thread: EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4GB - 78.60

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4GB - 78.60 
    I'm not actually selling this myself but just ordered one today from Amazon.co.uk and wanted to give you guys a heads up.

It's EVGA's top of the line GTX 680 card with 4GB GDDR5 RAM - which should be great for Resolve

At 78.60 this is a crazy price - normally this card retails for 550+

I'm building a PC/Hackintosh for Resolve and have ordered this card from AV-Electronix-GmbH through Amazon. The supplier is based in Germany and has got mainly positive reviews so am confident the card is as advertised. (Note the photo on Amazon is of a GTX 630 2GB card but in the feedback section AV-Electronix states that Amazon puts up the photos and sometimes these can be inaccurate).

Normally, I wouldn't post about an offer like this until I receive my product so I can make you all aware of any snags, but there are only 9 of these cards left.

Also, as ordered through Amazon and on Credit Card I feel pretty well protected should the card not be up to muster.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce...8604440&sr=8-7

Unfortunately it seems they only ship to the UK and Europe but hopefully someone else will be able to snap up what looks like a real bargain.

If you look at the discription, it says:

Product Description
    EVGA NVIDIA GT630 810MHz 1400MHz 2048MB 128bit DDR3 FAN 2DVII miniHDMI PCIE GRAPHICS CARD 02GP32639KR Components Video Graphics Cards
    So only 2GB of DDR3 RAM, low bus width and super slow clock speed - that's why it so so cheap.
    You want DDR5 RAM (and probably 4GB) for Resolve or Premiere.

Frank

This is a mistake 100%. The GT630 is this card: http://www.amazon.de/Gigabyte-NVIDIA.../dp/B00842KHO0
    Thats why it has ddr3, that bus speed etc etc

Hopefully you get the right one but imho this is a mistake of the seller

Hi Frank,

I did notice that description, but that seems to be tied to the Amazon photo of the GTX 630, which is incorrect. If you look at the full vendor description it is a GTX 680 with 4GB Ram.

And my receipt definitely states that I've ordered a GTX 680 Classified with 4GB RAM.

If they send me a poxy GT 630 I'll be sending it straight back to them for a refund - so nothing to lose really.

Saw this in one of their responses to feedback that the picture for another item was incorrect:

We provide no item descriptions or images. These informations is already stored on Amazon. In addition, we have already sent a return label.
    Let us know if you do indeed get a GTX680 Classified with 4GB for that price - i would be interested for sure!

p.s I think OSX will only use 2GB of that ram (think extra hacking will get the rest, can't remember) and OpenCL needs some hacking for OSX with that particular card too:
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/7...osh-guide.html
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Captain Hook (Great User Name),

Extra hacking is what I heard too. Will feedback on how this all resolves. Normally I'd wait until reporting but with only 9 units left I wanted the BMCUser community to have a chance at grabbing this card at a great price if it all turns out to be above board.

Will let you all know what card I end up with...

Cuda cores is what you're looking for, since davinci runs on those mainly.
    Those will work out of the box if you followed a Custobuild of tonymaxosx86

Interestingly there is now no picture on Amazon (the incorrect photo has been taken down) and the price on the one remaining card has gone up to 479.62.

I have confirmation that my card has been dispatched and will let anyone who's interested (anyone? :P) know what card I receive.

If I do receive a GTX 680 4GB that has to be one of the best special offers I've seen recently but unfortunately it is now over.

I don't think you'll be receiving a 680, LOL. But good luck.

BTW, I have an EVGA GTX 680 4GB card. Not the "Classified", just the regular one. Just built a new PC. Everything runs like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    I don't think you'll be receiving a 680, LOL. But good luck.

BTW, I have an EVGA GTX 680 4GB card. Not the "Classified", just the regular one. Just built a new PC. Everything runs like a dream.
    Oh ye of little faith