Thread: EF to PL adapter - suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 EF to PL adapter - suggestions? 
    Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a EF to PL adapter - it's for my Pocket 6K, for anamorphic lenses, so it needs to be solid. Will be hopefully shooting with a set of Kowas, anyone who has experience with this combo, any stories/warnings/experiences would be appreciated!

Josh

I doubt there are passive EF to PL adapter that will work seamlessly with the Pocket 6K or for that matter the UMP G2 as well without a mod kit. There are more options for the Pocket 4K MFT mount.

For the Pocket 6K, there is the Wooden PL Mount Modification Kit (Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K) - https://woodencamera.com/collections...nema-camera-6k
    Here is a YT video on how to replace it -> https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D6BA&FORM=VIRE

I don't think it is ideal to swap the PL Mod kit with the EF mount often as it can damage the screw or its thread. So if you want to go all the way PL with the Pocket 6K, this is the best solution. It is also going to be solid. There will be limitations with the Wooden and unlike the BMD PL mount mod for the UMP G2, it does not support the Cooke I/Technology connection.

Thanks for the info, EYu!

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I doubt there are passive EF to PL adapter that will work seamlessly with the Pocket 6K or for that matter the UMP G2 as well without a mod kit.
    Why? Dumb adapters EF>PL are around since donkeys years.
    Here is one from Panavision on my original BMCC back in 2011.

img_4918.jpg

Wow cool, thanks Frank....I doubt PV could sell me one of them, but do you have any suggestions for one that's similar?

I can wholeheartedly recommend these: c7adapters.com/en

What you have to determine is if the lens will actually fit in the adapter, or if you need to go mount mod route. Many primes don't work in adapters due to the way the rear elements protrude, but many zooms work fine. Look at the lens, if the rear element lines up or is inside the mount you're fine with an adapter, if it sticks out, maybe not.

Wooden camera just announced their pl mod kit for the pocket 6k. You can change it back to Ef too. But they say that too many changes can strip the plastic. $500 do it yourself or $750 to send it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Allen csc View Post
    Wow cool, thanks Frank....I doubt PV could sell me one of them, but do you have any suggestions for one that's similar?
    What Nomad said: c7adapters.com/en

And yes, some lenses with wide rear elements don't fit - make sure you check compatibility with your glas before you buy.

what about anamorphic lenses? They usually not listed if you check for compatibility. They are the main reason why I'm looking for an PL adapter as well.
    GRÉGORY