Thread: Pocket 6K - Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Pocket 6K - Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. 
    Winters can be a little tough where I live, but fall makes it worth it. I just shot this with the Pocket 6K (colorful Fall leaves):

https://youtu.be/JBrL2hzDZec

Edited in Adobe Premiere Pro. Graded in DaVinci Resolve.

Great colors!

I agree - nice colors. I saw your last 2 videos. You said they were shot with the Pocket 6K. On the description you said it was 8K. I'm confuse as to how you get 8K out of a 6K. Are you upresing in post?

Thanks, guys. I shot in 6K. When I post on YouTube in 6K, it turns it into 5k. The next step up on YouTube after 5k is 8k. When I make my master file (pro res hq) in resolve, I just convert it to 8k at that point. It looks better on YouTube to me. Not sure why, but because it looks better on YouTube that way, it’s my standard practice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefilmaddict View Post
    Thanks, guys. I shot in 6K. When I post on YouTube in 6K, it turns it into 5k. The next step up on YouTube after 5k is 8k. When I make my master file (pro res hq) in resolve, I just convert it to 8k at that point. It looks better on YouTube to me. Not sure why, but because it looks better on YouTube that way, it’s my standard practice now.
    Don't get this wrong but I feel that is misleading. When I present my work or post it on social media, I will always claim the resolution I shot it in. The delivery is subjective because it could be delivered in different res (up or down). I shot a lot in 4K DCI but deliver in 2K or 1080p mostly. Maybe that's just me - but that's how I always interpret when someone post the resolution info of their work.

That’s a fair point. I just like 8k on YouTube because it seems less compressed than 5k (probably just a bit rate thing). I have no problem calling it 6K. I am not sure many people could tell the difference or have the right monitor to truly see the difference. 8k monitors are starting to come out. I would love to view this on one. There won’t be any 6K monitors, so I think going to 8k makes the most sense.

7. #7 L, ete indien .. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefilmaddict View Post
    That’s a fair point. I just like 8k on YouTube because it seems less compressed than 5k (probably just a bit rate thing). I have no problem calling it 6K. I am not sure many people could tell the difference or have the right monitor to truly see the difference. 8k monitors are starting to come out. I would love to view this on one. There won’t be any 6K monitors, so I think going to 8k makes the most sense.
    L' Eté indien .. Indian Summer ... Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I hope you fully realize how Lucky you are to live in such a Beautiful Area ..

I imagine FLy Fishing in that Superb River ( with a No-Kill Philosophy .. ) . In many Ways , it's very similar to what we have here
    in Center France .. But your Nature is more Colourful , you have more Tree Species .. Really Beautiful ..

For Comparison , you'll find here a picture extracted from a Film made with a BMCC , Resolution 2.5 K , a Zeiss 50 , and an 1.33 anamorphic
    Adapter . Graded in Da Vinci .. Shot Full RAW .. C.Dng ..

SiouleParkU.jpg

It was an Overcast Day , it reminds me of the Smell of the Undergrowth , the Chestnuts Picking .. and the Taste of the " Saint Nectaire " Cheese ..

For the Fun , and in a French Spirit .. hoping it will bring you some Interest and a good Feeling , in the Honour of a French Poet and Singer , you'll
    find here a wonderful Poem and Song .. It was Another Time .. singers did not do many gestures on Scene .. but the Words were so Meaningful ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjhsZYaofk

Maybe you understand French .. at least a bit .. Enjoy Life and Enjoy your Magnificent Nature ..

Have a Nice Week End / with my Best Regards from our Old France ..

Mike ..

Quote Originally Posted by Michel59 View Post
    L' Eté indien .. Indian Summer ... Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I hope you fully realize how Lucky you are to live in such a Beautiful Area ..

I imagine FLy Fishing in that Superb River ( with a No-Kill Philosophy .. ) . In many Ways , it's very similar to what we have here
    in Center France .. But your Nature is more Colourful , you have more Tree Species .. Really Beautiful ..

For Comparison , you'll find here a picture extracted from a Film made with a BMCC , Resolution 2.5 K , a Zeiss 50 , and an 1.33 anamorphic
    Adapter . Graded in Da Vinci .. Shot Full RAW .. C.Dng ..

SiouleParkU.jpg

It was an Overcast Day , it reminds me of the Smell of the Undergrowth , the Chestnuts Picking .. and the Taste of the " Saint Nectaire " Cheese ..

For the Fun , and in a French Spirit .. hoping it will bring you some Interest and a good Feeling , in the Honour of a French Poet and Singer , you'll
    find here a wonderful Poem and Song .. It was Another Time .. singers did not do many gestures on Scene .. but the Words were so Meaningful ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjhsZYaofk

Maybe you understand French .. at least a bit .. Enjoy Life and Enjoy your Magnificent Nature ..

Have a Nice Week End / with my Best Regards from our Old France ..

Mike ..
    My grandmother came from France to America when she was 17. Unfortunately, I don’t speak French, but that still and song are beautiful. You are also a very good writer. Your words paint pictures.

Nice looking frame. Had to put some yeet on it

fall_1.2.2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    Nice looking frame. Had to put some yeet on it

fall_1.2.2.jpg
    OK Geran , I have learnt a new word , Thanks .. OK , maybe you live in an area where Mother Nature is more Colourful ..

Personal Taste .. I don't like too Colourful , too Contrasty Images .. I feel Reality is often more Grey , maybe I have a Grey Soul ( Une Ame Grise , in French .. ) ..
    But Yes , the BMCC does a Beautiful Job .. and is still , for me , a Nice Camera . Every Camera is a different Tool , for a different Look .. Also , the Zeiss lens and the
    Anamorphic Adapter produce that Specific Look .. Something in-between Reality and a Painting ..

Have a Nice Week End , Thanks ..

My Best Regards from France ..

Mike ..