Thread: The Feiyu AK4500 - A gorilla gimbal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm looking for a v-mount battery plate that I can mount on the Feiyu dual handle ring. The idea is to mount the battery to the bottom handle bar and power the G2. This will take the weight off the camera mounted to the gimbal.

Do anyone of you know where I can find a cable that is a D-tap to the G2 +12v power input to power the G2? Appreciate any recommendations and suggestions.
    Last edited by EYu; 10-12-2019 at 02:14 PM.

I have the AK4500 and use it with my P4K. I have used a Ronin-S before, as well. I really like the AK4500, especially with all the accessories it comes with. It has a Moza Air 2-like attachment handle for the back. MUCH easier than just holding from the one bottom stand.

Also, remember to consider your power into your weight calculation. Did you weigh it with a V-mount attached? I struggle to think how it would even fit/balance, length-wise, with a battery attached to the back.

EDIT: Ah, I see your post on the power. There has to be a cable for that, I think. One concern might be making sure you get a very flexible cable. Anything rigid is going to make balancing a pain and work against the motors constantly.

The AK4500 almost seems like overkill for a P4k, but I don't trust payload specs of, for example, 10.1 pounds.

Payload specs are like dynamic range specs. Take them with a grain of salt.

With a G2 I'd want a payload spec of 17 pounds or more.

We'll see how things work out for EYu.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisA View Post
    I have the AK4500 and use it with my P4K. I have used a Ronin-S before, as well. I really like the AK4500, especially with all the accessories it comes with. It has a Moza Air 2-like attachment handle for the back. MUCH easier than just holding from the one bottom stand.

Also, remember to consider your power into your weight calculation. Did you weigh it with a V-mount attached? I struggle to think how it would even fit/balance, length-wise, with a battery attached to the back.

EDIT: Ah, I see your post on the power. There has to be a cable for that, I think. One concern might be making sure you get a very flexible cable. Anything rigid is going to make balancing a pain and work against the motors constantly.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with it. With the G2, I planned on putting the battery either on the ring or the attachment where you can add the second handle. I'm still looking for a regulated D-tap to a 4-pin XLR female cable.

I saw a few YT videos that has the URSA Mini Pro on a Ronin-M. The Ronin-M is for larger cameras but it's max payload is 8 lbs. Here's one showing how it is used with a UMP. The Feiyu max payload is 10.1lbs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=B8up27Kp5d8
    The important thing is not to strain the motors.
    Last edited by EYu; 10-13-2019 at 06:40 PM.

I found this cable to connect the battery to the 4-pin XLR on the G2.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...werTap_to.html

I also saw this and will be a better option because it comes with the plate. Will this work to power the UMP G2?
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...t_with.html/qa

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by EYu; 10-13-2019 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWlover View Post
    I had a Moza Air 2 for about 2 weeks. Sent it back. I think these single hand gimbals are really too much for a G2 camera. My C200 wasn't very stable on the Moza. And a G2 BM is about twice as big.

I think the gimbals that have a full size square tubular frame are much better for cinema size cameras.
    Got me the AirCross 2 and I have to say, it's pretty much the best gimbal I ever used.
    I wanted a lightweight one hand gimbal, cause in my opinion, having a huge tubular rig, with a ton of accessories bolted on it, so you need an other huge rig on my body to support it and to prevent back pain, throws the whole idea of a gimbal out of the window, and I could as well use a full blown steadycam.

Yes, the AriCross 2 can't support an Ursa (my good ole FS 100 just fine though), but that's exactly why I have a camera like the P4K.
    Especially since you can swing over the arm to the left side, the P4K plays very well with the AirCross, without any counterweights.

What Frank said. The air cross 2 is what I'm looking at now, the price is right including focus motor. I wouldn't attempt to rig G2 on a gimbal, the pocket matches close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    I wanted a lightweight one hand gimbal, cause in my opinion, having a huge tubular rig, with a ton of accessories bolted on it, so you need an other huge rig on my body to support it and to prevent back pain, throws the whole idea of a gimbal out of the window, and I could as well use a full blown steadycam.
    I looked into the Moza Air 2 and Aircross 2. They're nice. I was about get that but then a friend who has pretty much all these gimbals said I should look at the Feiyu because that's the gimbal many pro gimbal users recommends. More important to me is I didn't want to own a gimbal just for the P6K and another for the G2 (that's with the ring tube). The Aircross 2/Air 2 does not have a ring tube accessory. I wanted just a single solution that I could use for both cameras. It helps with travel and of course budget. I'm not into a full blown steadycam. I have a Glidecam that I never got the hang of running with it. It's just seating in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    What Frank said. The air cross 2 is what I'm looking at now, the price is right including focus motor. I wouldn't attempt to rig G2 on a gimbal, the pocket matches close enough.
    The Feiyu AK4500 comes with a follow focus motor and an extra remote controller.
    So I'm going to use the gimbal with the P6K mostly. But in times when I have the need to use with the G2, I will mount the tubular ring and use it with a strip down G2. I've already figured out how to mount a V-mount battery so it is not attached to the camera and possibly use a lite and small lens so it won't be front heavy or take a lot of space. This will be experimental and if I'm successful and it works for me, I shall report back.