Thread: Show us your cool Pocket 4K/6K handheld gimbal rig and setup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I said thinking only. I also have a GH5s and am looking to use a gimbal. So if I buy the gimbal, I want it to be able to support the P6K when I come around to purchasing it someday. Holding off doesn't mean I won't purchase it in the future.
    Is it not the principle of your holding off the P6K purchase unless some kind of after sale extended warranty deal is achieved? looks like its not much of an obstacle to prevent you from buying afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Is it not the principle of your holding off the P6K purchase unless some kind of after sale extended warranty deal is achieved? looks like its not much of an obstacle to prevent you from buying afterall.
    It's not an obstacle for me. I was hoping to add some pressure and support the cause. It will take more than me to make this mountain move. So if that doesn't happen in the next month and/or the momentum is not there, I'm not sacrificing a purchase if I need to have a P6K on a lost cause. The good thing is right now I don't - at least for the next 30 to 60 days. So I hope everyone gets the pressure on now.

I wanted a gimbal that could be set up with motors on the left, because it suits the p4k shape better and I don't plug cables anyway. Initially I was looking into the IceCam (the one that Brandon Li is using lately) but it's a bit pricey. After reading some very positive comments about the Moza Air 2 here at bmcuser, I bought the Aircross 2, which is the smaller version. It weights just under 1kg, Moza advertises that it can be set up with motors on either side, and they have pics with a p4k in the promotional material.

I received it yesterday, set it up, and balanced it with my usual lens (Samyang 12mm f/2.0) and also with the heaviest lens I would ever put in such a gimbal: a 90mm that would not be for use with the p4k but instead with a p6k+speedbooster. It worked great. The only change I had to make is that I switched the quick release plate that comes with the gimbal, because the knob was not easy to access and also because I have these Velbon QR on all my rigs and tripods so it's fast and easy to move my camera from one to another.

As you see, that's a relatively long lens. And it weights half a kilo, and is front-heavy. Still, no problem for the Moza Aircross 2. It fits perfectly and doesn't hit any motors or brackets (ok it hits the pan motor if you point the camera completely downwards, but why would anyone do that).
    Next up: charging the gimbal and actually turning it on.

IMG-0708.jpg
    IMG-0709.jpg
    IMG-0710.jpg
    Last edited by Samuel H; 10-16-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Here is my portable setup for travel and hard access terrains (everything packs into Lowepro whistler 450)
    Sorry for the sony photobomb in the back
    Made my own dual handles attached with NATO clamps (before DJI made official ones ) with nucleus follow focus on top, so I can pull focus with thumb finger.
    Sun shade is just held on with gaffer tape since it was really bright sunlight.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I've decided to get the Feiyu Tech AK4500 with the dual handle because I'm looking at a single solution for both the P6K and the UMP G2. This is a gorilla gimbal that has shown on YT to work with the Red Raven and Scarlet-W, the Panny EVA-1, Sony FS5, Canon C300. It has the P4K in their supported camera list as well (tested with the Smallrig full cage but should be able to carry any other cages that meets their payload) - see info here on under supported camera - http://www.feiyu-tech.com/ak4500/specs.html. I am told by their support that it supports the P6K too just that they have not updated the info on their website.

I did the 90mm test precisely because I think any gimbal that can work with the p4k and a long and heavy lens will also work great with the p6k

Went with the MOZA Air 2 as it has a larger payload than the AirCross 2 and uses 4 replaceable 18650 batteries instead of the proprietary one on the air cross 2.

Mounting the BMP4K with 8sinn half cage, 1.7 lb Tokina cine 11-16mm lens and ifocus m motor, battery in camera, angel bird ssd on top and some extra mounting hardware on the cage that I didn't want to remove. It was incredibly easy to balance. The only thing you have to pay attention to is offsetting the camera slightly. Most cages have a lot of bottom mounting points.

Adorama has the MOZA Air 2 with ifocus m motor for $499. Comes with a lot of accessories. Received the newer 16.8volt output version so you can power the ifocus m motor and the camera through the gimbal or ifocus motor and a external monitor like I did using the in camera battery for the cam.
    Last edited by mico; 10-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.