Thread: Show us your cool Pocket 4K/6K handheld gimbal rig and setup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Show us your cool Pocket 4K/6K handheld gimbal rig and setup 
    Putting a P4K/6K on a handheld gimbal has its challenges. Since this forum is majority BMD camera owners, just like the title says, post your photo and let us know what worked for you and/or how you have it working. Just handheld gimbals please.

I just finished directing a short film with the Pocket 4K flying as B-cam on a Moza Air 2 with rehoused Cooke Speed Panchros. The camera was in a smallrig cage and we used a Camvate riser plate to ensure clearance for the lenses. I cannot recommend that gimbal highly enough. We used it with a SmallHD 501 monitor attached via an articulating arm for most of the shoot. However, there was a point where we used the pocket 4K as the A-cam and were able to rig a teradek transmitter in addition to the monitor so that I could get wireless feed. A-cam was a Red on an easyrig and the pocket 4k footage from the gimbal accounts for my favorite shots in the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonbros View Post
    I just finished directing a short film with the Pocket 4K flying as B-cam on a Moza Air 2 with rehoused Cooke Speed Panchros. The camera was in a smallrig cage and we used a Camvate riser plate to ensure clearance for the lenses. I cannot recommend that gimbal highly enough. We used it with a SmallHD 501 monitor attached via an articulating arm for most of the shoot. However, there was a point where we used the pocket 4K as the A-cam and were able to rig a teradek transmitter in addition to the monitor so that I could get wireless feed. A-cam was a Red on an easyrig and the pocket 4k footage from the gimbal accounts for my favorite shots in the entire film.
    Why can't you recommend the Moza Air 2 highly enough? What is flawed about it? I am thinking of purchasing one for the P6K.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Why can't you recommend the Moza Air 2 highly enough? What is flawed about it? I am thinking of purchasing one for the P6K.
    I thought you were holding off purchasing the P6k. What changed your mind?

This guy made the Ronin-SC work with the p4k, by using weights behind the right-hand-side motor (which is something I've done in the past: as long as you're still below the max payload, I don't see any issues with that method)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKueksPmSY*

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Why can't you recommend the Moza Air 2 highly enough? What is flawed about it?
    I think he means he can absolutely recommend it. I have it too, you will need a cheese plate or cage with additional holes to offset the P4K/6K about 1cm to make it fit; but then it's a very good gimbal for it.

^I also took it that way: he thinks it's great.

And I just found out that the Moza AirCross2 (which, as the Ronin-SC and the IceCam, weights around 1000g) can be set up with motors on the left, which is just what I need for the p4k

It appears exactly like that, with a p4k and a not-that-small lens, at 0:50 in this official ad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=C_PhpOY7OCc

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I thought you were holding off purchasing the P6k. What changed your mind?
    I said thinking only. I also have a GH5s and am looking to use a gimbal. So if I buy the gimbal, I want it to be able to support the P6K when I come around to purchasing it someday. Holding off doesn't mean I won't purchase it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by stip View Post
    I think he means he can absolutely recommend it. I have it too, you will need a cheese plate or cage with additional holes to offset the P4K/6K about 1cm to make it fit; but then it's a very good gimbal for it.
    Good. Thanks stip.