Thread: P4k vs P6k conspiracy theory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauxto View Post
    I really love the mft in the Pocket 4k.

It's big enough to play with depth of field and the size of the camera with the lens is very convenient for certain projects.

It won't go away just because. As soon as I can afford it I will buy a set of meikes for it.
    I've been looking at the new DZO zooms, which seem really sweet, affordable MFT cinema glass is finally becoming available which makes a full system way cheaper than super 35 or full frame, but full manual glass will last well beyond this years camera body, so can only hope they will continue to make appropriate cameras in the future if only for us niche guys that like the smaller format.

Still hoping for a pro body with a Fairchild sensor, but that might be just dreaming at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    This is my thinking as well. But are people just following like sheep, ooh shiny. I've been really looking for significant difference in final video from both cameras, and I'm no seeing it, there's not even a significant difference in DOF due to sensor size as I've mentioned before.

For final HD delivery over sampling does matter most broadcasters settled on the 2.8k Alexa as the minimum for a Bayern sensor vs 3ccd. The same is not yet the case for 4k with most accepting chip resolution equal to recorded resolution. Whether that changes in the future, who knows.

For me the 4k seems good enough, and I could have 2 for the price of the 6k, which would do more for my production value and efficiency than 6k, also lenses can be way smaller, also a benefit at times. I don't even have it yet, but feels like I'd be way behind the curve again even though the final audience wouldn't even know what it is shot on or care.
    Actually I notice enough difference between the two. The increase in DR in the highlight and also the resolution downsize it is just more detailed. When file size of 6k is about 2.5 times of 4k it has to have some advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post

"As expected, 4K is quickly becoming the standard for TV sales."
    4k became the standard for TV sales because they stopped selling non-4k TVs.

People didn't stop buying HD TVs, manufacturers stopped selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by FoldableHuman View Post
    4k became the standard for TV sales because they stopped selling non-4k TVs.

People didn't stop buying HD TVs, manufacturers stopped selling them.
    Yeah okay feel free to tell that to B&H who has over 50 models of 1080p TV''s for sale now.

Not to be that guy...but B&H actually has 36 1080p TVs for sale, and only 14 are actually in stock.

In comparison to UHD/4K units, there are 212 available with 162 in stock. (Eight 8K models with 6 in stock.)

Whether it's 720p or 16K, it doesn't matter what's necessary or what's the current standard because technology will always move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    Not to be that guy...but B&H actually has 36 1080p TVs for sale, and only 14 are actually in stock.

In comparison to UHD/4K units, there are 212 available with 162 in stock. (Eight 8K models with 6 in stock.)

Whether it's 720p or 16K, it doesn't matter what's necessary or what's the current standard because technology will always move on.

You’re that guy and what? We know they’re being phased out but theyre still for sale. Why buy a 1080p tv when the price of a 4K is the same. Technology gets phased out and was once the top ends up being phased out. Consumers are buying 4K TVs because theyre affordable. Bm is going to phase out the 4K and m43 Chios because of the same.
    Last edited by mico; 09-26-2019 at 07:13 PM.

I felt the same last year, before the Pocket 4K was announced, that BMD was phasing out the smaller sensor MFT cameras, then the Pocket 4K was announced and released. Now, I think they will be around a little longer. The new Pocket 6K is not a replacement for the PC4K, but supplements and adds to the lineup.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    You’re that guy and what? We know they’re being phased out but theyre still for sale. Why buy a 1080p tv when the price of a 4K is the same. Technology gets phased out and was once the top ends up being phased out. Consumers are buying 4K TVs because theyre affordable. Bm is going to phase out the 4K and m43 Chios because of the same.
    "Not to be that guy' is an American idiom...I didn't really want to call attention to it but I did, and I was politely correcting you because there aren't "over 50 models of 1080p TVs" at B&H. Unless you do understand and actually telling me that I am indeed that guy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    "Not to be that guy' is an American idiom...I didn't really want to call attention to it but I did, and I was politely correcting you because there aren't "over 50 models of 1080p TVs" at B&H. Unless you do understand and actually telling me that I am indeed that guy, lol.

Look I did mean you are that guy. Take the stick out okay. I was at the B&H site and checked 1080p tv’s using their filter settings which said there were 50. I didn’t check every page to find out there were only 30 something but u obviously did so go on and be well. your efforts will be much applauded in the internet’s.

LOL. Classy BMCuser per usual.