Thread: Petition - "BMD Buyers Matter"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SottoTerra View Post
    It's not lack of service per se - it's more as to why it would cost more then the camera itself to replace the sensor. I'm all for making manufacturers accountabe for any design defect - but implying BlackMagic lack service is incorrect and unfair.
    Then we'll probably have to agree to disagree. You can take an 8 year old Canon 5D3 and have it serviced anywhere in Northern America. There is one BM service center in North America and they only deal with the most basic repairs out of warranty. Would you say that's correct?

All my RMAs has been camera replacement rather than repairs even the most simple thing like a battery detect lever on the Pocket 4k was a camera swap.
    Does Blackmagic have qualified service engineers?
    Hewlett Packard uses a third party company which they provide spares to do the repairs. Maybe this is what BMD should be doing if they don't do repairs in house.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    Then we'll probably have to agree to disagree. You can take an 8 year old Canon 5D3 and have it serviced anywhere in Northern America. There is one BM service center in North America and they only deal with the most basic repairs out of warranty. Would you say that's correct?
    I'd say Canon offers BETTER service, if what you say is true, that's all..... As Samuel rightly predicted, this is getting out of hand and overblown beyond proportion. Yes, if my $6k camera went belly after a year and a half I'd want redress and rightly be furious at the manufacturer - and would demand a rational explanation of why a professional camera cannot be repaired in a cost effective manner - but some posters are turning this into a lynching.

Why don't you make a change.org petition M&M's? I'm sure that will be the best 1st step to see which people really are in or not. Get some conditions together, get help from more experienced users if you don't know exactly what you want to write in it. But make it happen, best 1st step.

Quote Originally Posted by nyccomposer View Post
    Yawn at people predictably making everything about politics.

You're SO boring. No one wants to hear it anymore, except in political groups.

Here's something to think about: censorship, and political correctness are the enemies of artists, but employ propagandists.

Im not saying which side is right, Im saying it has nothing to do with this forum or this topic, so shut up.
    Complains about censorship... then orders everyone to stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Complains about censorship... then orders everyone to stop talking.

Oh you moron.

Censorship is when the government makes it illegal for people to speak. I would never support that. In fact, I said "in political groups" meaning, have at it where people want to hear it.

What I'm saying to you isn't that you cannot hold your opinions, just simply that they don't belong here.

Lastly, I said this in response to someone else trying to censor the OP. Oh the irony.

So seriously, take your inane garbage somewhere else. And this goes for all sides of these issues. I'm not taking a side, I'm asking if we can talk about cameras here? Or if you simply have to make it about your own BS.

It's spam.

All I can say is wow. This forum is really becoming a parody of itself.

The very fact that this tread even had to be started doesn't bode well for BM.

These kinds of threads don't exist in other manufacturer forums because they don't have the quality issues BM has.

It's sad, but BMD has some great products but just seem to still lack the industry acceptance of pros...so here we are sticking our necks out for them trying to change that perception and repping their products...they should support us too. I'm in.