Thread: Just tested braw in Premiere pro cc .... who else is switching?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just tested braw in Premiere pro cc .... who else is switching? 
    Ive been shooting pretty much prores only as i am super proficient in Premiere Pro cc and just can't switch NLE's at the moment due to the amount of work I have that is currently heavily in premiere. U just tried some footage from a short film I shot a few months back that was all in braw and all I can say is that now im switching! I will say editing the raw footage is not as easy in premiere as it is in resolve (which I do use to color occasionally just not edit).

switched to raw 4 years ago. Swithed to Resolve 2 years ago.

I got problems with Adobe since they decided this "Suite" thing. Release verythign at once. Premiere, AE, Photoshop.
    Frpm 500 MB to 4 GB install.exe. And it takes up 30 Minutes to install. And this stupid "cloud" concept. Pay per month.
    crashes all the time. etc.

With the latest Resolve versions the CUT and EDIT page is just amazing. Resolve is fast, stable.
    I love the GPU rendering and rendering page. I mean. Adobes Media Encoder is just a mess. 1000 formats in one list.
    Well the GUI is just terribel.

I switched to RAW and Resolve when I received my p4k. To my eyes, lightly-compressed RAW made a HUGE difference.

switching NLEs or switching from shooting pro-res to BRAW?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    switching NLEs or switching from shooting pro-res to BRAW?
    As I said in my post I am not switching NLE's because I have too many projects already heavily edited in premiere and cannot afford the time at the moment to learn a new NLE. So I am switching from pro-res to BRAW. If everyone on these projects was using davinci maybe it would be another story but everyone is on adobe so its easy to collaborate with everyone using the same NLE.

I never liked ProRes when I had RAW as an option.

I think BRAW over ProRes is a no-brainer.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Well I tried it. Really made me appreciate node based files. No where near the detail of Resolve.

But you can basically adjust the color of BRAW files, so that's a plus. Like everything I'm sure with time I'll get better at it.

I've been in a weird space where I'm cutting half Premiere and half Resolve. I do like that Premiere links so many other disciplines that we use. It's also easier for our teams. But the color looks so much better from Resolve. And for simple cutting… well I'm getting better with it.

I just cut something again in Premiere for a change for a client, and dang I do miss resolve. (only thing I miss from from Premiere are the endless templates, warp stabilizer and text effects)

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    I just cut something again in Premiere for a change for a client, and dang I do miss resolve. (only thing I miss from from Premiere are the endless templates, warp stabilizer and text effects)
    In the end its all really personal preference, i like color grading in resolve but it takes me double and sometimes longer to edit in resolve vs premiere. At this point i am so used to the editing in premiere that moving to resolve will lose me time and then money. If Adobe ever pulled a move like final cut did moving from 7 to X then i may reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by gfagien View Post
    In the end its all really personal preference, i like color grading in resolve but it takes me double and sometimes longer to edit in resolve vs premiere. At this point i am so used to the editing in premiere that moving to resolve will lose me time and then money. If Adobe ever pulled a move like final cut did moving from 7 to X then i may reconsider.
    I've tried to switch to resolve like millions of times, but it just feels so clumsy. Clip snapping feature is so rough, it makes me want to go premiere pro, like immediately. They should add snapping tolerance setting, otherwise using a mouse becomes a pain in the ass. I can list the points why I think Premiere Pro is better than Resolve in a several pages of this topic, and while this is being my personal preference, I just cannot imagine how a human being can choose Resolve over Premiere Pro, APART from a golden medal feature of Resolve of being free.