Thread: Why I won't be ordering the Blackmagic Pocket 6K?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Indeed: if you want any sort of RAW, it has to be a pixel-by-pixel readout, which means 4k would crop back to p4k sensor size. You can do either 6k BRAW or 4k prores. As I said above, I fear the datarates on this thing...

Quote Originally Posted by RAWlover View Post
    So you didn't look at any websites with the recording specs, bought the camera, and come here and ask that question.
    I looked at one very popular website 3 seconds ago that clearly shows 4k and Prores only.
    I'm shaking my head.
    I also bought the camera within a few minutes of it being available for sale knowing it would be sold out within 24 hours of purchase. Without feedback on what customers want, companies won't make changes, voicing concerns about these things is how companies improve their product lines. Shake your head, customers who don't blow sunshine up companies butts are the reason people get better products at the end of the day Cheers.

4K DCI and HD in BRAW will be welcomed on the P6K. Might be a longshot but will be a good addition on the next firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by unomas View Post
    I also bought the camera within a few minutes of it being available for sale knowing it would be sold out within 24 hours of purchase. Without feedback on what customers want, companies won't make changes, voicing concerns about these things is how companies improve their product lines. Shake your head, customers who don't blow sunshine up companies butts are the reason people get better products at the end of the day Cheers.
    Tell that to Apple and Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by j_walk83 View Post
    Ain't that the truth.

But don't forget to tell Blackmagic about their poor quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by j_walk83 View Post
    I will, if Blackmagic ever has that kind of marketshare and dominance. They aren't in the same position those other companies are, they aren't dominating their perspective market, unlike the two you mentioned. I'm also not the only person addressing these issues and dissapointed in this. I guess we'll find out who's right come firmware time huh? Peace.

I've owned 3 BM cameras (BMCC, Micro Pocket, Pocket 4k). And I appreciate the features the new cameras give... they're kind of unbeatable for the price. I'll never complain about silly things like autofocus or ibis as these are about pure imaging power.

I just can't help feel that the colour and feel isn't there with these new pocket cameras. I've had a play with the 6k files and it has the same look at the Pocket 4k, just more pixels. I find it hard to reliably pull out nice skintones.

Reliability though - I've had early shipments on all 3 cameras and they've all worked faultlessly. Maybe I've just been lucky in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by unomas View Post
    I will, if Blackmagic ever has that kind of marketshare and dominance. They aren't in the same position those other companies are, they aren't dominating their perspective market, unlike the two you mentioned. I'm also not the only person addressing these issues and dissapointed in this. I guess we'll find out who's right come firmware time huh? Peace.
    You guys bitch and complain about not getting a native ef mount camera so you can ditch adapters. You get a 6k camera and now your requesting it to be like the old one? Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    * The best thing about the p6k is that it's putting a lot of pressure on every other camera maker. Bring out another 4k 30fps 8-bit body and we'll laugh you out of the stage.
    Canon launched two 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies yesterday: 90D and M6-II. Sony is about to launch two new 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies today: a6100 and a6600. You can start laughing at them now, or wait for the official press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    Canon launched two 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies yesterday: 90D and M6-II. Sony is about to launch two new 4k 30fps 8-bit bodies today: a6100 and a6600. You can start laughing at them now, or wait for the official press release.