Thread: Two New Metabones Speedboosters for BMPCC 4k

1. #1 Two New Metabones Speedboosters for BMPCC 4k 
    I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet but Metabones has new Speedboosters on their site specifically designed for the BMPCC 4k. Price is same as original BMPCC Speedbooster $649.

https://www.metabones.com/article/of...r_for_BMPCC_4K

I'm surprised there aren't any comments about this, maybe most users have already purchased the existing m4/3 boosters or even Viltrox to use on thier BMPCC 4K's

Still, would be very interesting to see some sample images with the new boosters
    Last edited by cristo; 08-03-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Oh, dope, they're available.

I was hoping they will come up with one speed booster for the BMP4K that will accommodate both APS-C and FF lenses so this is disappointing so I'm staying with my existing speed booster - no sense of spending money on new replacement. .

Quote Originally Posted by cristo View Post
    I'm surprised there aren't any comments about this, maybe most users have already purchased the existing m4/3 boosters or even Viltrox to use on thier BMPCC 4K's
    I suspect a lot of people already owned a general m43 speedbooster even before they bought the BMPCC 4k... or the bought one soon after the BMPCC 4k was launched. I am a bit more discerning about my optics so I wait for the Blackmagic specific optics.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I was hoping they will come up with one speed booster for the BMP4K that will accommodate both APS-C and FF lenses so this is disappointing so I'm staying with my existing speed booster - no sense of spending money on new replacement. .
    The Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x is the one you want. It works with FF and "many" APS-C lenses. It does not have as wide a field of view nor let in as much light as the 0.64x but optically it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Metabones
    The Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x will also work extremely well with many DX and APS-C format lenses, provided the image circle provided by the lens is large enough. Optical performance of the new Speed Boosters is so good that the MTF of any lens attached to it will be improved.

I ordered mine at 1 AM about an hour after they launched. I got it from Hong Kong in 5 days! Unfortunately I have a partner and he has our camera 5 hours away. I though about driving to see him so he can use it instead of our Viltrox but he is working on a passion project so it isn't fiscally responsible.