Thread: BMPCC *new* SanDisk Extreme Pro compatibilitÓ issues

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    They work.

https://www.amazon.com/Integral-Ulti...y&sr=8-1-fkmr2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First - I chose the supplier "CTDUSA" and they arrived in 8-days, not the longer shipping time indicated by Amazon since they are coming from the U.K.

I stress tested them in two different BMPCC's at both 24fps and 30fps in RAW. Shooting normal scenes, not static lens-cap testing.
    NO ERRORS.
    I was able to fill the card with one continuous shot, re-format it, and do it again, all with no dropped frame errors.

The cards don't look particular high-end, there is no serial number or other markings on the back like with legitimate SanDisk Extreme Pro cards, and I have only had them for a few days, so there is no way to speak to the long-term durability. But they definitely work.

Get 'em fast!
    There appears to be only a couple hundred of them left... at the most.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Which size did you test, or did you get both?

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Which size did you test, or did you get both?
    Both.
    The 128Gig and the 256Gig.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Cool, I'll probably grab some 128 as backup cards at least

A few weeks ago I've talked to Angelbird and told them about the problem finding compatible SD cards for the old BMPCC and Videoassist. They said their technicians will look into this and if they can make their cards compatible.

Well, good news!
    Yesterday I got an email that they were successful in modifying the Angelbird SD card firmware (unfortunately you can't upgrade SD cards yourself) to make some of their latest cards fully compatible to the BMPCC and the Videoassist models.
    Because they can do that obviously only with the latest cards they are having in-house, they can guarantee compatibility solely for cards ordered directly from Angelbird.

I was told that AV PRO SD V60/V90 cards with 64 and 128 GB have been tested successfully with the BMPCC and Videoassist HD. For Videoassist 4k you will need the V90 cards.

If you are interested you can go to www.Angelbird.com and order from there. You might contact support@angelbird.com before ordering to make sure you will get the correct ones for you.
    They'll do ship worldwide.

Cool re Angelbird. Probably better than going with some mystery brand. It would be nice if sandisk would do this, but likely not. I would think you would have to contact support if they have to be firmware modded rather than just ordering blind, unless they do a batch and provide a direct order link.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Cool re Angelbird. Probably better than going with some mystery brand. It would be nice if sandisk would do this, but likely not. I would think you would have to contact support if they have to be firmware modded rather than just ordering blind, unless they do a batch and provide a direct order link.
    As far as I understood the email, all new cards ordered directly will already be compatible.
    But I will verify that with Angelbird on Monday.

Great move Robert, way to go.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    As far as I understood the email, all new cards ordered directly will already be compatible.
    But I will verify that with Angelbird on Monday.
    Thanks to all for the great work! I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciate it! Personally, I'd go for the Angelbird cards, as they're probably more solid and more future proof. Will order two 128Gb cards on Monday and test them out as soon as they arrive. Have a little job in September where they'll get their baptism of fire. Might go for a Pocket 6k this time next year, budget permitting, and again, the AngelBird seem to be a better option - although I'm fully aware I will be limited to Prores on the 6k with SDXC cards!

A great example of constructive forum members helping each other out!

This is fantastic news! I'm down to order some cards once we know for sure even though I pretty much exclusively shoot Prores now.