Thread: BMPCC *new* SanDisk Extreme Pro compatibilitÓ issues

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by SottoTerra View Post
    Well said! Besides, this is also a problem with the Micro Cinema camera which is still being sold. While I won't speculate if the fix requires simply a few lines of code, BlackMagic should definitely address the issue, particularly for the Micro Cinema camera, as it leaves users without access to it's more desirable and publicised feature.

On second thoughts, maybe the reason no firmware update will be forthcoming is that BlackMagic might have bound themselves to remove CDNG raw from their firmware due to Red trolling them legally, to avoid lengthy and costly court battles. Remember they removed CDNG from ALL their current cameras which still receive regular firmware updates.
    It seems that RED patent is related to only at least 2K cameras. So BMMCC camera could easy have DNG and BRAW at same time without any problems. Wonder why there are no any firmware updates yet. At least fix for SD cards.

All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

I just wanted to chime in and confirm that the Angelbird V60 cards DO work on the original Pocket according to my quick 5-ish minute test recording in Raw 30fps! I ordered six cards directly from them and they arrived today; Not bad considering it's only been 8 days since I first reached out to their support to confirm compatibility.

I definitely need to do some proper testing when I get the time and will still shoot mostly in ProRes, but knowing that I can shoot RAW with new and available cards is the real key here. Way to go Angelbird!

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I just wanted to chime in and confirm that the Angelbird V60 cards DO work on the original Pocket according to my quick 5-ish minute test recording in Raw 30fps! I ordered six cards directly from them and they arrived today; Not bad considering it's only been 8 days since I first reached out to their support to confirm compatibility.

I definitely need to do some proper testing when I get the time and will still shoot mostly in ProRes, but knowing that I can shoot RAW with new and available cards is the real key here. Way to go Angelbird!
    Good to know

There was little doubt the Angelbird cards will work - that company does not play around. But you pay a premium price for it.

The INTEGRAL cards I just got are 1/3 the price, and they have been performing perfectly after at least a dozen full-card recording cycles at both 24p and 30p RAW. So if the price of the Angelbirds isn't something you feel like dealing with, considering their 256gig card may almost cost more than a BMPCC is worth these days, I'd say give the Integrals a try. My links to them are on page 3 of this thread.

I cannot speak to the long-term durability of them, but that's always a hard thing to predict. I've had SanDisk Extreme Pro cards fail on me, so.....

Oh, but get them fast, they are almost sold out forever.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

I purchased the 256gb version of the card Dpstewart posted and O can confirm as well they workin in RAW which is great because now matching the bmpcc and bmpcc4k just got much easier shooting in raw

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post

Same here, received my cards and tested them individually on my little Pocket - all filled up with RAW 30fps without dropping a frame. As regards, price, they aren't that expensive. I had paid far more for my only SanDisk Extreme Pro which I bought the moment the RAW firmware was released.

Personally, I'd rather not cheap out on media - learned the lesson the hard way when a set of Trascend SDHC cards failed on me practically all at once. Bought the AngelBird to ensure my Pocket compatible cards last a long time, in view of buying a 6k next year and equally important - as a thank you to AngelBird for fixing their card firmware to work with the old Pocket. Since these will be the only cards I'll use with the Pocket for it's remaining lifespan - wanted some piece of mind.
    Last edited by SottoTerra; 08-24-2019 at 03:59 AM.