Thread: Two seasons of The Resident....

1. #1 Two seasons of The Resident.... 
    Although we had Alexa as our “main” camera, promos always seem to gravitate to using the UMP and Micro shots from my two seasons on The Resident.

I’m moving onto another show, but here’s a little reminder of how much good work was done using cameras to get shots I couldn’t have gotten any other way with the way this show is shot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByiYCIhH...=1us0xjf0usthm

JB

Looks great John, I'll have to check out the show.

I know you've mentioned Rawlite filters for the UMP previously. Do you tend to keep the filters in per default?

Do you use it as well for the Micro Cinema camera?
    I have been enjoying using my Micro more lately for specialty shots on features, with Alexa or Red as a-cam, but as it's mostly for the odd shot here and there I've not needed a filter, yet, but considering ordering picking one up.

Quote Originally Posted by haavard View Post
    Looks great John, I'll have to check out the show.

I know you've mentioned Rawlite filters for the UMP previously. Do you tend to keep the filters in per default?

Do you use it as well for the Micro Cinema camera?
    I have been enjoying using my Micro more lately for specialty shots on features, with Alexa or Red as a-cam, but as it's mostly for the odd shot here and there I've not needed a filter, yet, but considering ordering picking one up.
    I have been using the RAWLITE full time on the UMP and the G2 for over a year full time.

Not really for the aliasing, which hasn't really been much of an issue for me, but more for the better IR filtering and colour separation / discretion it seems to have.

This was also greatly improved on the G2 anyway by BMD.

I occasionally use the micro for trick and rig shots, so i've never bothered with an OLPF for them. (the second shot in the link is micro)

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I have been using the RAWLITE full time on the UMP and the G2 for over a year full time.

Not really for the aliasing, which hasn't really been much of an issue for me, but more for the better IR filtering and colour separation / discretion it seems to have.

This was also greatly improved on the G2 anyway by BMD.

JB
    That's what I thought too, after hearing from others that the IR on the G2 has greatly improved. I'll have to check it out when my G2 arrives.