Thread: Best MFT - PL adapter?

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Best MFT - PL adapter? 
    Senior Member ThomasHennessy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    I just ordered up a Pocket 4K camera to B Cam with my URSA Mini, and am now looking to add a PL adapter so I can use the same sets of lenses on both cameras.

    Anyone have any personal recommendations? I see Wooden Camera has a couple of them, not sure what the differences are. Metabones makes a straight adapter as well. I also see a couple on the less expensive side.

    Wondering what peoples experiences have been hen using their PL glass on the Pocket 4K.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Wollongong, NSW Australia
    Posts
    574
    I can highly recommend the work of Krzysztof from c7 Adapters in Poland. Excellent build quality and precision. He's also very approachable with great after sales support.
    https://c7adapters.com/en/products/c...y/micro_4_3/18

    I use his MF/T to PL adaptor. Plus I had him produce custom PL mounts (similar to Leitax) for my set of Mamiya Sekor-C 645 lenses.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member DPStewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Puget Sound
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by trispembo View Post
    I can highly recommend the work of Krzysztof from c7 Adapters in Poland. Excellent build quality and precision. He's also very approachable with great after sales support.
    https://c7adapters.com/en/products/c...y/micro_4_3/18

    I use his MF/T to PL adaptor. Plus I had him produce custom PL mounts (similar to Leitax) for my set of Mamiya Sekor-C 645 lenses.
    Fan-farkin-tastic work that guy does.
    I've had several of his adapters over the years.

    Also, since PL adapters need to be shimmed to work correctly with your various lenses, it's worth trying to find the one or two that have an adjustable piece in it so you don't have to use shims. I've forgotten who makes them but there aren't a lot to start with so it shouldn't be hard to find them. And yes, they are more expensive.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,180
    I can wholeheartedly confirm what has been written about Krzysztof from c7 Adapters in Poland.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    3,202
    I think one of the best made, and most expensive USA made adapter, was the HotRod Cameras PL/MFT adapter with 15mm rail support bracket. The entire setup is very light, snd well made and can be shimmed. Next would be the Wooden Camera PL/MFT Pro adapter, which boots to the WC camera cages for added support, or use their lens mount kit to connect to 15mm rails. This one is also very light snd can be shimmed.

    Right up there with the HotRod adapter is the excellent MFT Services and Vocas adapters, also very well made. I got a MFT Services PL adapter for my Nikon Z6, and it was very well made and engineered.

    Nicely made, but a little heavier, is the Metabones MFT/PL mount, which also has a Arca Swiss foot (like the Speed Boosters) and connects to the Metabones 15mm rail lens support kit, which clamps to the foot for quick connection, this setup is about twice the weight of a similar setup with the Hotrod Camera Kit.p, but can be shimmed also.

    These would be and are the ones I have had and used. After trying all three, for the new Pocket 4K my first choice would be the HotRod PL adapter kit, followed by the Wooden Camera Kit. Both are well thought out, easy to use and and hold a lens to the camera without any additional play or movement.
    These cost a little more, but will be the last PL/MFT adapter you need to buy.
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 06-09-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member DPStewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Puget Sound
    Posts
    3,679
    ^-- Thanks a lot for this Denny. --^
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member ThomasHennessy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I think one of the best made, and most expensive USA made adapter, was the HotRod Cameras PL/MFT adapter with 15mm rail support bracket. The entire setup is very light, snd well made and can be shimmed. Next would be the Wooden Camera PL/MFT Pro adapter, which boots to the WC camera cages for added support, or use their lens mount kit to connect to 15mm rails. This one is also very light snd can be shimmed.
    I for the life of me have not been able to find a listing for this one online.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Frank Glencairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,030
    I second that C7 - I have the adapter since years and it's top notch.

    Quote Originally Posted by DPStewart View Post

    Also, since PL adapters need to be shimmed to work correctly with your various lenses, it's worth trying to find the one or two that have an adjustable piece in it so you don't have to use shims.
    You can adjust the C7, there is a tiny screw at the bottom.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA N. CA
    Posts
    3,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
    I for the life of me have not been able to find a listing for this one online.
    Thomas, used ones come up every now and then on eBay. For a new one, you need to contact HotRod Cameras directly. As far as I know, they re still available for the GH5/s, which should work with the Pocket 4K also.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2017, 09:44 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2017, 02:56 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 07:47 PM
  4. FS: ARRI B to PL adapter & PL to MFT adapter by Ciecio7
    By manimac79 in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2015, 12:19 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •