Thread: Cfast problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Cfast problem 
    I had a shoot today, where i had to shoot a dance performance. It were 2 performances of 1 hour. After the shoot i checked the recordings and it was all there. I could play the 2 clips, scrub and i checked if all was there. All seemed fine.
    Now i inserted the cfast card in my win10 computer and it says that the card has to be formatted before i can use it. The card is a wise 256GB Cfast card. After ejecting the card from my computer, i inserted again in my ursa mini pro, and now the camera says: "no card".
    I'm freaking out at the moment because it is a paid job.
    What can i do to recover the files?

Quote Originally Posted by Geert Germonpré View Post
    I had a shoot today, where i had to shoot a dance performance. It were 2 performances of 1 hour. After the shoot i checked the recordings and it was all there. I could play the 2 clips, scrub and i checked if all was there. All seemed fine.
    Now i inserted the cfast card in my win10 computer and it says that the card has to be formatted before i can use it. The card is a wise 256GB Cfast card. After ejecting the card from my computer, i inserted again in my ursa mini pro, and now the camera says: "no card".
    I'm freaking out at the moment because it is a paid job.
    What can i do to recover the files?
    There’s another thread about this from a couple days ago. Get Disk Drill and it’ll recover the data, just don’t reformat or write anything to the card.

These stories really freaks me out.. could it be the reader that corrupted the cards?! What brand is the cfast card you were using?!

Quote Originally Posted by Abobakr View Post
    These stories really freaks me out.. could it be the reader that corrupted the cards?! What brand is the cfast card you were using?!
    Was an issue with a Lexar reader a little back that wouldnt map the correct file path to the card or something similar

The cardreader is the Sandisk Extreme PRO 2.0 reader. Never had a problem with it. The card is a Wise 256GB 3400X. It is on the approved list.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndeton View Post
    There’s another thread about this from a couple days ago. Get Disk Drill and it’ll recover the data, just don’t reformat or write anything to the card.
    I think you may be referring to my thread from last week perhaps. My solution was working with Aero Quartet who were fantastic. The file on the card was corrupt and they could only retrieve the first 5 minutes of a 30 min clip. They assessed that the problem was with the camera (not the card) so I'm a little worried going forward. Really need the G2 to arrive.

I could play the 2 clips perfectly in the camera, so i don't think it is the camera. Today i'm going to a professional data recovery service. Fingers crossed that they can help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    I think you may be referring to my thread from last week perhaps. My solution was working with Aero Quartet who were fantastic. The file on the card was corrupt and they could only retrieve the first 5 minutes of a 30 min clip. They assessed that the problem was with the camera (not the card) so I'm a little worried going forward. Really need the G2 to arrive.
    There was no exclamation mark while recording. The 2 files also played back perfectly on the ursa mini pro. In my case i don't think it was the camera.

Well, good news. The data recovery service mailed me that the footage can be recovered. What really freaks me out is that i don't know what to do to prevent this. I bought a new Cfast card. The sandisk extreme pro 256GB Cfast 2.0. I hope this one will be more reliable.

10. #10 CFAST CARD " Not Recognized " .. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert Germonpré View Post
    Well, good news. The data recovery service mailed me that the footage can be recovered. What really freaks me out is that i don't know what to do to prevent this. I bought a new Cfast card. The sandisk extreme pro 256GB Cfast 2.0. I hope this one will be more reliable.
    Maybe it is a bit late for my own Comment .. I am coming back from some Holidays in Center France ( Auvergne ) ... But also take Care of what File System you format your Card to , before shooting .. I had some problems with the " EXFAT " system , so I decided to use " OS Extended " which are " HFS " files .. When I connect my card to my Windows 8 Computer , it also immediately says that " The Card has to be formatted " ( which I do not do ... ) , .. that is because Windows does not recognize HFS Files .. So I personnaly use " Hfs Explorer " under Windows 8 , to extract the files to my Hard Drives .. And HFS Explorer works very well ..

Also , the Linux system is rather good at Recognizing many different FILE SYSTEMS .. when that kind of problem occurs , it is sometimes a good idea to connect the Card to a Linux System , and then , maybe see what is happening ..

My two Cents , anyway .. I do not mean to be able to explain everything .. Some of these problems may sometimes be very " Tricky " ..

Good Luck in your Job , Enjoy that beautiful activity ..

Regards / Michael ..