Thread: BLE4K | R/S BMPCC4K with Tilta Nuclues-Nano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like to share an update on the BLE4K.
    New mounting hole so you can mount to any 1/4" thread, like on cage.

3D printed case is still prototype, not the final finish.

Pre-Order here: https://ble4k.com
    Only a few left in the first batch shipping later this month.

new_case.jpg

oooooo.....even better. ��

Can this be used with the Nucleus M right hand controller + nano motor? That's the combo that I have at the moment. I bought the nano and then added the right hand controller from the nucleus M so that I have better solo operator ergonomics for two handed gimbals, shoulder mount, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Can this be used with the Nucleus M right hand controller + nano motor? That's the combo that I have at the moment. I bought the nano and then added the right hand controller from the nucleus M so that I have better solo operator ergonomics for two handed gimbals, shoulder mount, etc.
    Yep, as long as you are using the nano motor and the handle you are using will trigger the "REC" on the motor, this should work. I say this in theory, I haven't tested but am highly confident It does work.

so, what's the best way to power the Nucleus-N controller? I bought the better batteries/charger and I swear to all things good that they sometimes will last for 6 minutes then drop the connection, I carry 8 of them and will go thru 3-4 of fully charged ones until I find one that will power the controller enough to connect...sometimes it fails during the calibration. I've never had a battery/connection last longer than 20min. it gets to the point where I'll unplug the motor and focus by hand on my Ronin-S!

Can I power the controller from the USB port on the bottom?

on- topic - very excited to my my Ble4k box!

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    so, what's the best way to power the Nucleus-N controller? I bought the better batteries/charger and I swear to all things good that they sometimes will last for 6 minutes then drop the connection, I carry 8 of them and will go thru 3-4 of fully charged ones until I find one that will power the controller enough to connect...sometimes it fails during the calibration. I've never had a battery/connection last longer than 20min. it gets to the point where I'll unplug the motor and focus by hand on my Ronin-S!

Can I power the controller from the USB port on the bottom?

on- topic - very excited to my my Ble4k box!
    Very strange, you could have dud batteries. Mine lasts for what I would expect which is 3-6 hours on a battery.

Yes Nuclues-Nano hand wheel can be powered from the USB port.

For BLE4K, 3D printed enclosures are arriving this week so shipping will be happening soon. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: For BLE4K customers, I'm receiving 3D printed enclosures this week. So shipping will be happening shortly after.

You can still Pre-Order for a later July batch here: https://ble4k.com/

In the mean time, here is a demonstration of very rough prototype controller I'm calling: BLE4K-ADV

It attempts to go further than a simple remote trigger by implementing live timecode sync so you can track record time. Status OLED can be used to display other camera info and offer other potential functionality.

Just a demo, this isn't slated as definitive product yet, this was mostly built for fun for myself, But thought I'd share to see if there is any interest.

https://vimeo.com/341504546

_MG_4273.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zolac View Post
    Very strange, you could have dud batteries. Mine lasts for what I would expect which is 3-6 hours on a battery.

Yes Nuclues-Nano hand wheel can be powered from the USB port.

For BLE4K, 3D printed enclosures are arriving this week so shipping will be happening soon. Stay tuned!
    I have 8 of them...and have NEVER gotten an hour, let alone 3-6hrs. what brand do you use? I swear it will fail to connect 3 out of 5 times.

I've never had any issues with the battery I bought from Jaycar. I got a pair of camo ones that came with the unit supplied by lemac after, haven't really tested those cause the other battery always lasts longer than the shoot. I charge them via a universal 4 bay 18650 charger. never charged them with the usb thingy provided.

Would be great to know if you can implement bluetooth focus by wire control from the title controllers ie Nano Wheel and Nucleus M handles like the BMPCC4K mobile app.
    Last edited by iammuc; 06-11-2019 at 05:59 AM.

First batch of BLE4K devices have been tested and assembled.

If you ordered in the first batch, should be shipping out next week.

For those interested, you can Pre-Order from the July batch: https://ble4k.com/products/ble4k?variant=15089310695487

Learn more: https://ble4k.com

9EC2F267-0EAB-4746-809C-DD6B2EC9DE42.jpg