Thread: Pocket 4k Monitor Advice

1. #1 Pocket 4k Monitor Advice 
    Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any budget (Feelworld, Andycine, Lilliput etc.) SDI/HDMI external monitors for focus pulling. I care specifically about the latency, brightness etc. are not top priorities since I mostly film inside. Any good experiences? SDI should generally have a bit less latency, right?

Hi, I can highly recommend Portkeys LH5 HDR 5 inch monitor. It is fullHD, high bright (1500 nits), very cheap, very ligh and very good. If you want 5 inch, this one is the best option, currently. If anyone will be saying that 600 or 1000 nits are enough, do not trust the person. 1500 nits is minimum.

The PCC4k has HDMI out only, no SDI.
    I have tested the latency on the HDMI out to the Atomos Shogun Inferno and Atomos Shinobi SDI.
    With both monitors it shows the output latency of the PCC4k is 3 frames at 25p (= 120ms) and 3 frames at 50p (= 60ms).

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzzxx View Post
    Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any budget (Feelworld, Andycine, Lilliput etc.) SDI/HDMI external monitors for focus pulling. I care specifically about the latency, brightness etc. are not top priorities since I mostly film inside. Any good experiences? SDI should generally have a bit less latency, right?
    I have the Feelworld MA5. Very good color. Sharp (fullHD), Very light (lighter than my LG smartphone!) This is ideal for handheld work. Very good low battery consumption(2 hrs NPF550) Dual battery option(NPF or LP-E6).
    And the best part is the low price.
    Last edited by ted ramasola; 05-05-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Feelworld FW279 (only HDMI)
    Feelworld FW279S (with SDI)

Did not got the monitor yet... but got two others and I am happy with them.
    Feelworld FW279 is super bright.. 2200 nits.

I suppose if you were pulling focus on some really fast action latency might be a problem, but it has never been an issue for me with the original Pocket and one of the first Feelworld monitors that supported 24p. I'm planning to soon get an ma5 or the slightly bigger one to downsize my rig with a sharper screen to boot. The only hesitation is that my old screen still works haha!

Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    Hi, I can highly recommend Portkeys LH5 HDR 5 inch monitor. It is fullHD, high bright (1500 nits), very cheap, very ligh and very good. If you want 5 inch, this one is the best option, currently. If anyone will be saying that 600 or 1000 nits are enough, do not trust the person. 1500 nits is minimum.
    I just started looking seriously at this one, it's a bit more than the Feelworld ma5, but way less than something like SmallHD. Main feature that struck me was 3D luts, I don't think there are any other monitors at this price point that has it, maybe not that big a deal on P4k, but I'm still using original. also it seems to have battery out to camera, but directly from the battery sled rather than through the monitor. That might be better for powering the P4k, it shouldn't cause any overheating on the monitor, but who knows. I would love more feedback from anyone that has this one. All the Amazon reviews are for the 7" one, but they are positive at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I just started looking seriously at this one, it's a bit more than the Feelworld ma5, but way less than something like SmallHD. Main feature that struck me was 3D luts, I don't think there are any other monitors at this price point that has it, maybe not that big a deal on P4k, but I'm still using original. also it seems to have battery out to camera, but directly from the battery sled rather than through the monitor. That might be better for powering the P4k, it shouldn't cause any overheating on the monitor, but who knows. I would love more feedback from anyone that has this one. All the Amazon reviews are for the 7" one, but they are positive at least.
    I happy with it. For the money it is great. Youtuber Tom Antos says that those monitors are not suitable for powering pocket - it may damage monitor. I can't comment that because I have never tried it. One user on dvxuser says that monitor is not sharp enough and it is loud. I don't have those issues. Fan can be controle via menu. With pocket's peaking I never miss focus even in 4K. There are probably way better monitors but for the price it is great option.