Thread: SLR Magic MicroPrime Cine Lenses

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks Darren, glad the MicroPrimes worked out. Think I am getting the 18mm for sure, perhaps the 25mm or 35mm also.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Denny Smith; 09-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.

I'm tempted to pick up a couple of these lenses for myself in the near future. I just looked and saw a 21mm and 50mm listed on B&H. Assuming these behave similarly to the others IQ wise, do you guys think they'll pair well with the SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 Hyperprime? I'm trying to decide if I should ditch it for the 12mm Microprime or keep it and get the two linked above to round out a tiny set.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleCanFly View Post
    I'm tempted to pick up a couple of these lenses for myself in the near future. I just looked and saw a 21mm and 50mm listed on B&H. Assuming these behave similarly to the others IQ wise, do you guys think they'll pair well with the SLR Magic 10mm T2.1 Hyperprime? I'm trying to decide if I should ditch it for the 12mm Microprime or keep it and get the two linked above to round out a tiny set.
    Nice, looks like they are pumping out the rest of the set in MFT now. My 25mm just arrived yesterday, it's turning to rainy season in Portland but I might have a slight chance of capturing some footage with it today inbetween work if I'm lucky.

As for matching well with the Hyperprimes, I'm not sure but I would assume not, these lenses seem to have a different IQ than the hyperprimes.

The 10mm Hyperprime is a lens in its own class, and it’s IQ is more in line with what I have seen fri the Microprimes, it is different than the other Hyperprimes. I would keep the 10mm, and use it with the Microprimes. The 12mm MicroPrime is another unique lens IQ wise, and is different from the rest of the lineup.
    Cheers

I made another stupid little video using the 25mm. Liking the set, I'll probably get the 50mm as well in the next month or two when it comes out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUKk...ature=youtu.be

Used the new 4K 2.4:1 mode at 75 FPS.

Looks like SLR Magic just launched EF Mount MicroPrimes! Andrew starts speaking about the new lenses at about the 3:22 mark. They are marked as APO, so I wonder if they are the same optics as the PL mount APO HyperPrimes (which I personally own, and adore). I e-mailed SLR Magic to find out. These new EF mount APO MicroPrimes might be an awesome fit with the Pocket 6K!