Thread: SD Card Detected By Pocket Only

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 SD Card Detected By Pocket Only 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2
    Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

    Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isnīt. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

    I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2 Sd card .. 
    Quote Originally Posted by KEzzAP View Post
    Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

    Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isnīt. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

    I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.
    If you have someone around with a LINUX Machine , with , for instance " Gparted " , you could look at what is happening .. LINUX detects very well HFS . I had weird problems with EXFAT under Windows , and now always use HFS , Despite working under Windows 8 Pro .. I installed " HFSExplorer " , it works very well , and I never experienced any problem with HFS .. Those Drive problems may be ... a bit difficult to solve .. there are many free tools on the web ... I once could recover files on a broken Hard Drive which had been reformatted twice .. Incredible .. but it needs some Patience and some time . The most important is to have FAITH ...

    Congratulations for your BMPCC .. For me , still a very nice Camera , the Colour Space is really Good ..
    Good Luck ! ! !

    Mike ..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    248
    Can you record footage?
    Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    Can you record footage?
    Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?

    Yes it records. Actually I had no problem until I formatted the card in Camera.
    I have used the same card almost two years long, but now getting this wierd problem. The SD card works in the camera. Records and plays back, but nowhere else. I tried it in different devices.
    It is a sandisk extreme pro 128 GB.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    I just had the same thing happen with a Samsung T5. I formatted the drive with the camera, and chose "exFAT" since the only other option was "OS X Extended". The drive is still working, but now my Windows 10 computer does not see it at all when I plug it in, regardless of which USB port I use, and it doesn't even show up in the "Disk Management" utility where I usually initialize drives that don't show up in windows explorer.

    Anyone know what is the solution?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    10
    I have the same problem with my pocket4k. I can record and play the videos on the cam, but Windows says the card is corrupted and needs to format. What can I do? Has anyone a solution yet?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Fauxto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by TaimosDailos View Post
    I have the same problem with my pocket4k. I can record and play the videos on the cam, but Windows says the card is corrupted and needs to format. What can I do? Has anyone a solution yet?
    Can't you connect the card from the camera via USBc?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 07:28 AM
  2. Pocket SD card formatting, ExFat only?
    By dop16mm in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 12:24 PM
  3. Second SD card won't shoot RAW on Pocket
    By sleepless619 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 10:16 AM
  4. Pocket camera Card Full - but not really!
    By Alex Primehd in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
  5. RAW update for Pocket disables some card right?
    By kazkioken in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •