Thread: Alternative to Declink for Resolve

1. #1 Alternative to Declink for Resolve 
    Happy New Year to all. I am looking at adding a reference monitor to my PC that I use for Resolve. The problem is I don't have a spare slot for a BM Declink card. I also don't have a thunderbolt port. Is there another vendor that makes an interface that will connect to a monitor for reference without requiring a PC slot or thunderbolt and works with Resolve 15? Or is there some other suggestions on how I can connect a reference monitor to the PC without requiring a PC slot or thunderbolt? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Happy New Year to all. I am looking at adding a reference monitor to my PC that I use for Resolve. The problem is I don't have a spare slot for a BM Declink card. I also don't have a thunderbolt port. Is there another vendor that makes an interface that will connect to a monitor for reference without requiring a PC slot or thunderbolt and works with Resolve 15? Or is there some other suggestions on how I can connect a reference monitor to the PC without requiring a PC slot or thunderbolt? Thanks!
    Are you sure your PC doesn't have a Thunderbolt port on the MOTHERBOARD? Many do, and surprisingly they don't seem to advertise the fact too heavily.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Dane, it does not. I do have a USB 3.1 port. Can I use the Intensity Shuttle USB 3 and connect it to an external monitor and set t up as a reference monitor in Resolve?

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Dane, it does not. I do have a USB 3.1 port. Can I use the Intensity Shuttle USB 3 and connect it to an external monitor and set t up as a reference monitor in Resolve?
    All indicators say YES, in HD only of course.
    BMD doesn't specifically say YES you can do this - but they list it with their cards that can.
    Get one from B&H and give it a shot. If you can't get it to work, just return it.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Intensity Shuttle USB 3 does not work.