Thread: Cinemartin 8K... Quite simply, the most amazing camera intro video in history

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11  
    Senior Member jambredz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    4,207
    Well it does seem it is real. Just check out their FB page https://www.facebook.com/search/str/..._blended_posts

    Also check out the deplorable customer service and attempted customer public shaming which backfired on Alejandro...same dude in this video. Crazy ass company that is. I'd never buy a thing from them.

    side note: Dude said the camera sensor size is M 4/3 then we see "Vista Vision" on screen lol.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography


    https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by jambredz View Post
    Well it does seem it is real. Just check out their FB page https://www.facebook.com/search/str/..._blended_posts

    Also check out the deplorable customer service and attempted customer public shaming which backfired on Alejandro...same dude in this video. Crazy ass company that is. I'd never buy a thing from them.

    side note: Dude said the camera sensor size is M 4/3 then we see "Vista Vision" on screen lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallbaker View Post
    If Fran 8k is real, then this guy has been long term trolling. His YouTube channels is filled with bizarre Fran 8k material.
    Yeah, this is either a perfect storm of horrible marketing for a real product or an extremely elaborate hoax.

    I mean: http://www.fran8k.com/

    And Redshark reported on it yesterday: https://www.redsharknews.com/product...-nears-release

    I am confused.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisA View Post
    Yeah, this is either a perfect storm of horrible marketing for a real product or an extremely elaborate hoax.

    I mean: http://www.fran8k.com/
    Mods may want to ban that link. That website is asking for credit card information. They are saying you can get a deal on the entry level camera for 8,000 Euro! Retail is 11,000 Euro! They are asking the preorders for 10% down. 1 TB media for $1,600 Euro.

    If ANYONE gives these people a penny they are complete idiots.

    This is really bad. I hope no one gets scammed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member jambredz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Mods may want to ban that link. That website is asking for credit card information. They are saying you can get a deal on the entry level camera for 8,000 Euro! Retail is 11,000 Euro! They are asking the preorders for 10% down. 1 TB media for $1,600 Euro.

    If ANYONE gives these people a penny they are complete idiots.

    This is really bad. I hope no one gets scammed.

    I hope no one does...but if they do...cmon...I can't even feel sorry for them.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography


    https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member LochnessDigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    624
    This dude is the Tommy Wiseau of the cinema camera world.
    Last edited by LochnessDigital; 11-07-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Aaron Lochert
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by LochnessDigital View Post
    This dude is the Tommy Wiseau of the cinema world.
    Surely Tommy Wiseau is the Tommy Wiseau of the cinema world?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    206
    Tommy Wiseau inhabits a world all his own.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member gmfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    488
    Just heard that Tommy is doing "The Second Room" with the Frank8k !
    ___________________________
    www.gernemehrfilm.de
    www.berlin3k5.de/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    707
    I don't think he says m4/3, just 4/3 as in sensor shape. Although vistavision is 3/2 its it? Footage looks terrible regardless, and with ridiculous from file sizes to boot. BRaw is the future, and will make 8k large format possible, if that's what you need. I for one won't need more than p4k any time soon. Don't have one on order so won't have one any time soon though, sigh.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    712
    This. Is. AMAZING.

    As good as the color grading was going from too green to too magenta (and no other changes), the music was the best part. I don't think this is a spoof...

    Did anyone see the Newsshooter article? They were VERY diplomatic and professional:
    "The introduction video is nothing short of terrible and is hardly a glowing endorsement for the camera. From the bad audio to the horrible choice of music, it is definitely not the right way to get customers interested in your product."
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/11/...an-from-e7920/
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. My Introduction
    By WiredInside in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 02:30 PM
  3. New Member Introduction I design and build film and camera accessorys!
    By CRYOTECH CINEMA in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-28-2015, 10:46 AM
  4. Parliament fight( hilarious)
    By 007 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 04:06 AM
  5. Hilarious tampon commercial
    By jambredz in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •