Thread: Shim Kit for MFT mount?

1. #1 Shim Kit for MFT mount? 
    I notice my Veydra's all have a bit of play when mounted on any of my BM camera (pocket, 2.5K and Pocket 4K). I'd love to be able to tighten up the mount a bit without resorting to physically clamping the lens to a mount. Has anyone seen kits to take up some gap that would be permanently affixed?

No shims, this will not be an effective solution. The MFT mount has some manufacturing tolerances, especially with BM, which made a very loose MFT mount on their first Pocket Camera, and then later tightened it up a bit in subsequent runs. My Veydra Mini Primes were loose on the original first run of the Pocket, but fit fine on my AF100 (I had three of these cameras, all had a nice tight fitting lens MFT lens mount).
    Ryan csme came up a nice lens support bracket for the Veydra lenses, to so,ver this issue with some cameras like the BMPCC. It went around the lens clamped in place and attached to 15mm rod supports. Trying to pull a focus with a loose mount is a non starter.

The BM Micro cameras had a MFT a mount that is tighter and worked fine with the Veydra lenses. So BM can make a MFT mount that is closer to the MFT standards, and I would contact BM Support and complain, get them to fix this with a better mount. Some of the new PC4Ks have good mounts, some others are complaining about loose lens mount. BM needs to address this, not the third party lens or adapter makers. Try another MFT mount lens and see if it has the same loose fit. If so, then contact BM Support and tell them!
    Cheers

My P4K has a loose mount and the focal flange distance a little out, this is very annoying with MFT native zoom lenses.

Contact your regional BM Support office and arrange for a RMA, send th camera back!
    The more complaints BM gets aboutmthe I’ll fitting MFT mounts, the sooner a fix will be in place. Went through this on the first Pocket camera, and BM final tightened up the MFT mount!

This and other issues, is why I cancelled by order for the new Pocket 4K. Once the mount issue is fixed, I will consider re-ordering.
    Cheers

I’ve noticed my veydras have play too in my P4K. Rotational play that it is. As I change focus direction the lens is shifting in the mount.

But SLR magic and Olympus MFT lenses all have a much tighter and nicer fit with no play.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    I’ve noticed my veydras have play too in my P4K. Rotational play that it is. As I change focus direction the lens is shifting in the mount.

But SLR magic and Olympus MFT lenses all have a much tighter and nicer fit with no play.
    Well, at least on my PCC4k the Olympus 12-100 has a little play, you can literally hear it moving when wiggling by hand a bit.