Thread: Tilta Pocket 4K cage system

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    EDIT: https://vimeo.com/300717337

Here they show the Cage. In the Video the Tilt guy says about the Side Handle (with the Sony battery): "You have a DC Out to a Canon Dummy battery"

But would it also work like this:

DC out from the Side handle to the Power In of the camera (to power the camera)
    And then Canon Dummy battery out of the camera into the the power In of my Video assist. (To power the monitor).

What would you guys say?
    Last edited by twelvetwelves; 11-14-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    GRÉGORY

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    pre-order available at CineGear Pro in the UK (with pricing)
    https://www.cinegearpro.co.uk/collec...mpcc-4k-system
    couldn't help it - pre-ordered a full cage and top handle from them to ship to the US instead of waiting to see what happens here.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvetwelves View Post
    EDIT: https://vimeo.com/300717337

Here they show the Cage. In the Video the Tilt guy says about the Side Handle (with the Sony battery): "You have a DC Out to a Canon Dummy battery"

But would it also work like this:

DC out from the Side handle to the Power In of the camera (to power the camera)
    And then Canon Dummy battery out of the camera into the the power In of my Video assist. (To power the monitor).

What would you guys say?
    If I understand correctly you want to power another device via the cameras LP-E6 slot? This wouldn't work as the LP-E6 of the camera is an input only, it does not output power.

The tilta may come with two DC outputs or you could possibly use a Y cable that runs to both the devices HOWEVER the power draw of both these device together is most likely too high for the Sony np-f so either a device may not start or you will have very limited life, I'd recommend using separate batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    If I understand correctly you want to power another device via the cameras LP-E6 slot? This wouldn't work as the LP-E6 of the camera is an input only, it does not output power.

The tilta may come with two DC outputs or you could possibly use a Y cable that runs to both the devices HOWEVER the power draw of both these device together is most likely too high for the Sony np-f so either a device may not start or you will have very limited life, I'd recommend using separate batteries.
    Thanks a lot Ryanite! You understood correctly, these were my thoughts.
    So I think I will let the NPF Battery power the camera and the Nucleus. For the monitor I will stick to normal LP-E6 batteries.
    GRÉGORY

ok - I know this isn't Tilta per se, but the Smallrig half cage now has a manfrotto QR unlike the full cage.

snazzy

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.45.25 PM.jpg

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-qr...a-4k-2255.html

but it isn't shipping until mid Dec.
    Last edited by tmronin; 11-22-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    ok - I know this isn't Tilta per se, but the Smallrig half cage now has a manfrotto QR unlike the full cage.

snazzy

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.45.25 PM.jpg

[url]https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-qr-half-cage-for-blackmagic-design-pocket-cinema-camera-4k-2255.html[/url

but it isn't shipping until mid Dec.

I don't like that, why would you ever need a quick release from the cage, it means you're not bolted in at the top. I would rather see a quick release between the cage and the rails, which many have, but in a propriety design, manfrotto plate is better. I suppose if you want as light as possible for gimbal, but even then leave half cage on for cable clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I don't like that, why would you ever need a quick release from the cage, it means you're not bolted in at the top. I would rather see a quick release between the cage and the rails, which many have, but in a propriety design, manfrotto plate is better. I suppose if you want as light as possible for gimbal, but even then leave half cage on for cable clamps.
    my thoughts exactly - preach on.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    would be for quick swap to gimbals that cant support P4k with cage and lens. I've balanced mine with cage and its not ideal due to the offset in height and weight from the cage. Saying that, adding a quick release plate to the gimbal would do something similar.

Still no Black Friday deals from Tilta yet

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Still no Black Friday deals from Tilta yet
    Yes they do! Maybe not on the cage, but this G2X/Nucleus-N bundle was way too good for me to pass up:

https://tilta.com/2018/11/21/black-friday-sale-2018/