Thread: Tilta Pocket 4K cage system

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 132
  1. #61  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt - GER
    Posts
    319
    EDIT: https://vimeo.com/300717337

    Here they show the Cage. In the Video the Tilt guy says about the Side Handle (with the Sony battery): "You have a DC Out to a Canon Dummy battery"

    But would it also work like this:

    DC out from the Side handle to the Power In of the camera (to power the camera)
    And then Canon Dummy battery out of the camera into the the power In of my Video assist. (To power the monitor).

    What would you guys say?
    Last edited by twelvetwelves; 11-14-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    GRÉGORY
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    pre-order available at CineGear Pro in the UK (with pricing)
    https://www.cinegearpro.co.uk/collec...mpcc-4k-system
    couldn't help it - pre-ordered a full cage and top handle from them to ship to the US instead of waiting to see what happens here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvetwelves View Post
    EDIT: https://vimeo.com/300717337

    Here they show the Cage. In the Video the Tilt guy says about the Side Handle (with the Sony battery): "You have a DC Out to a Canon Dummy battery"

    But would it also work like this:

    DC out from the Side handle to the Power In of the camera (to power the camera)
    And then Canon Dummy battery out of the camera into the the power In of my Video assist. (To power the monitor).

    What would you guys say?
    If I understand correctly you want to power another device via the cameras LP-E6 slot? This wouldn't work as the LP-E6 of the camera is an input only, it does not output power.

    The tilta may come with two DC outputs or you could possibly use a Y cable that runs to both the devices HOWEVER the power draw of both these device together is most likely too high for the Sony np-f so either a device may not start or you will have very limited life, I'd recommend using separate batteries.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt - GER
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    If I understand correctly you want to power another device via the cameras LP-E6 slot? This wouldn't work as the LP-E6 of the camera is an input only, it does not output power.

    The tilta may come with two DC outputs or you could possibly use a Y cable that runs to both the devices HOWEVER the power draw of both these device together is most likely too high for the Sony np-f so either a device may not start or you will have very limited life, I'd recommend using separate batteries.
    Thanks a lot Ryanite! You understood correctly, these were my thoughts.
    So I think I will let the NPF Battery power the camera and the Nucleus. For the monitor I will stick to normal LP-E6 batteries.
    GRÉGORY
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    220
    ok - I know this isn't Tilta per se, but the Smallrig half cage now has a manfrotto QR unlike the full cage.

    snazzy

    Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.45.25 PM.jpg

    https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-qr...a-4k-2255.html

    but it isn't shipping until mid Dec.
    Last edited by tmronin; 11-22-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    ok - I know this isn't Tilta per se, but the Smallrig half cage now has a manfrotto QR unlike the full cage.

    snazzy

    Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.45.25 PM.jpg

    [url]https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-qr-half-cage-for-blackmagic-design-pocket-cinema-camera-4k-2255.html[/url

    but it isn't shipping until mid Dec.

    I don't like that, why would you ever need a quick release from the cage, it means you're not bolted in at the top. I would rather see a quick release between the cage and the rails, which many have, but in a propriety design, manfrotto plate is better. I suppose if you want as light as possible for gimbal, but even then leave half cage on for cable clamps.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I don't like that, why would you ever need a quick release from the cage, it means you're not bolted in at the top. I would rather see a quick release between the cage and the rails, which many have, but in a propriety design, manfrotto plate is better. I suppose if you want as light as possible for gimbal, but even then leave half cage on for cable clamps.
    my thoughts exactly - preach on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I don't like that, why would you ever need a quick release from the cage, it means you're not bolted in at the top. I would rather see a quick release between the cage and the rails, which many have, but in a propriety design, manfrotto plate is better. I suppose if you want as light as possible for gimbal, but even then leave half cage on for cable clamps.
    would be for quick swap to gimbals that cant support P4k with cage and lens. I've balanced mine with cage and its not ideal due to the offset in height and weight from the cage. Saying that, adding a quick release plate to the gimbal would do something similar.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    Senior Member Taikonaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,159
    Still no Black Friday deals from Tilta yet
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Senior Member redshift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Still no Black Friday deals from Tilta yet
    Yes they do! Maybe not on the cage, but this G2X/Nucleus-N bundle was way too good for me to pass up:

    https://tilta.com/2018/11/21/black-friday-sale-2018/
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. [FOR SALE] Pocket Cam & Tilta Cage Kit - Like New
    By UTR-Labs in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2016, 05:05 PM
  2. Selling my Blackmagic Pocket ($795) and Tilta cage ($250)
    By andrewmfilms in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 05:18 PM
  3. [FOR SALE] Tilta Cage Kit For Pocket Camera
    By UTR-Labs in forum For Sale / Want to Buy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 06:17 PM
  4. Improving the Tilta Pocket cage
    By carlmart in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:18 AM
  5. Assembling the Pocket Tilta cage
    By carlmart in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •