Thread: "Power-Bank" Solution for Pocket4k?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Big and cumbersome.
    Thank you for your constructive addition to the thread. Something is wrong with my browser because it isn't showing your link to the better alternative.

Anyone can paint any number on the side of a battery. Unfortunately due to the laws of physics a battery has to be a certain minimum size to hold a given amount of charge. I personally use an Anker battery with my BMPCC but it is a general purpose power bank. You then have to find a way to mount it or have an extra long cable from your large pocket or backpack.

If someone knows of a power bank that outputs the amps that it says and can be mounted in a more compact package I'm all for it.

The power bank game is dirty. Plenty of Chinese junk that doesn't do what it says on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Thank you for your constructive addition to the thread. Something is wrong with my browser because it isn't showing your link to the better alternative.

Anyone can paint any number on the side of a battery. Unfortunately due to the laws of physics a battery has to be a certain minimum size to hold a given amount of charge. I personally use an Anker battery with my BMPCC but it is a general purpose power bank. You then have to find a way to mount it or have an extra long cable from your large pocket or backpack.

If someone knows of a power bank that outputs the amps that it says and can be mounted in a more compact package I'm all for it.

The power bank game is dirty. Plenty of Chinese junk that doesn't do what it says on the box.
    Core SWX is oversized because there are a lot of additional circuits, connectors and clamp system inside. With unknown quality battery (inside same as most V-Mount bricks). Weight 590 grams. $279 is also rather expensive.

Compare to my future battery:
    User selectable 4x quality branded 18650 batteries = 14.8V x 3.4A = 50Wh (watt-hour) $20-25 total cost
    CNC body + passive LP-E6 plate + 4pcs cables kit (weight with batteries 370g) Targeted price $125
    Dimensions: 84x82x62mm

P.S. I believe with larger batches and with more advanced technology methods same brick can be done in smaller size and weight than my handmade small batch one. but "The power bank game is dirty. "

Last edited by shijan; 10-26-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Ive been running the old Varavon 12v switchable to 7.4v on my original pockets and micro's. The form factor allowed it. Pocket 4k is abit more awkward to rig up because it runs a 2pin setup not D/C jack so its one extra long think sticking out of the cam in stead of a 90deg dc jack. Not so great for run and gun. Good enough to charge between shoots on the go though. Battery grip seems like the best form factor solution to me for hand held stuff.

Just some alternate compact size V-mount options:

Hawk-Woods Mini V-Lok 50Wh = $258
    Hawk-Woods Mini V-Lok 98Wh = $356
    Bebob Factory GmbH V45MICRO 43Wh = $245
    Bebob Factory GmbH V98MICRO 98Wh = $345
    RED DIGITAL CINEMA REDVOLT-V 43Wh = $250
    KineBAT Super Compact V-mount Battery 120Wh = $399
    Core SWX HyperCore 9 Mini V-mount 98Wh = $375
    Indipro Micro-Series V-mount 98Wh = $239

Add V-Lock plates and additional DC socket splitters here
    Last edited by shijan; 10-27-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    $279 is also rather expensive.
    It is $264 at B&H. You have to actually look around to get the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    Just some alternate compact size V-mount options:

Hawk-Woods Mini V-Lok 50Wh = $258
    Your self contradictory statements are not helpful. The Core SWX Powerbase EDGE Battery for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is currently $264 at B&H with free shipping. It is an all in one plug and play solution with quick release. You are seriously going to rig a $258 V-lock battery up and get the same level of functionality for less than $264?!

6. #16 Hi Worzel 
    Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    It is $264 at B&H. You have to actually look around to get the best price.

Your self contradictory statements are not helpful. The Core SWX Powerbase EDGE Battery for Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is currently $264 at B&H with free shipping. It is an all in one plug and play solution with quick release. You are seriously going to rig a $258 V-lock battery up and get the same level of functionality for less than $264?!
    Why don’t you try being nicer and maybe you won’t get the boot a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    Why don’t you try being nicer and maybe you won’t get the boot a third time.
    No idea what you are talking about. Never got "the boot".

People should just post their ideas without putting down other people's valid ideas.

I think the mini v batteries at 98Wh are the most attractive considering how much power the camera consumes. But their price is still much too high.

Knock off b-pu Canon batteries put out decent Wh and are 14v, good for the side power but won't show a % for useage. Some come with a check button but some knock offs don't.

Otherwise sony np-f into a dummy might be good because you might be able to get a % readout. Not sure how long it'd last.

Hard part about having a rear screen is not putting the battery too close to obscure your view.

A battery grip might be good but it'd really depend on the design and the battery it's intended for.

It seems this $47 power bank can work with the P4K (8*18650): https://aliexpress.com/item/Voltage-...485864933.html

The obvious solution is an ergonomic DSLR style battery grip that slides into the LP-E6 slot and screws on.

The first products should be showing up soon. Anything else would be a shocker.