Thread: External Monitor for Pocket 4k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 External Monitor for Pocket 4k 
    Hello, I am curious if the SmallHD Focus Monitor can display an image when my Pocket 4k is set to 4k Raw DCI. This monitor would be great due to the dummy lpe6 battery for power. I am just worried I will only be able to monitor in UHD which would kind of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter917 View Post
    Hello, I am curious if the SmallHD Focus Monitor can display an image when my Pocket 4k is set to 4k Raw DCI. This monitor would be great due to the dummy lpe6 battery for power. I am just worried I will only be able to monitor in UHD which would kind of suck.
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken but the monitored output is only HDMI 1080P so I don't think you'll have any issues with the SmallHD. Good luck.

Feelworld F6 is also great for the money. They also have 7" monitors.

Doesn't matter what resolution the P4K is recording, it always outputs 1080P via HDMI. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a monitor that would *not* work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter917 View Post
    There aren't many monitors (on camera ones) on the market yet that actually have a display resolution of UHD/4K...I only know of this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...st.html?sts=pi

But the Pocket 4K surprisingly doesn't output 4K via its HDMI so most should work besides any very old ones that either don't support 1080p at all, or may not support 1080/60p (but would be okay for 24p/30p).

Ah, I may have mis-worded my post, I do not need a 4k display I was just not sure if connecting the camera to the smallhd would have issues showing display when recorded at 4k DCI.

I know with the video assist back in the day I had issues monitoring when shooting in 60p. Good to know it will work, sorry for the confusion.

Now I am just curious how long one of those sony batteries will be able to charge the monitor and camera for.

The FOCUS actually doesn't list 4K DCI in its specs, so it's best to test if I were you or confirm with someone who has one and is using it with a 4K signal (not UHD).

SmallHD.jpg

Yes, but the Focus works with the Micro Studio 4K Camera when it is set to 4K/UHD via its HDMI, which is also a HD, 1080p output.
    I had a VA, and did not have any issues displaying 1080p60, most issues were related to using a low bandwidth HDMI cable, that did not support 1080p60, most available today do.
    Cheers

The Micro Studio is a UHD camera, not 4K DCI.

Some monitors will simply not recognize the 4096 and stay black (or blink or whatever). With UHD, there should be no problem but the question is about 4K DCI regardless of the HDMI's output.

It's a technical aspect which may impact the compatibility.

Now that I take a closer look at my camera, there doesnt seem to be any where to run the dummy battery cord from. I have never used a dummy battery, where the compartment not close without a slot for the cord to run through? I wont have the dummy battery until Saturday to test.