Thread: DC Barrel to Lemo - 2 pin Cable for Pocket 4k?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Wooden Camera has one available.
    Cheers
    Here's the link to it. About $86 total including shipping. Hopefully some cheaper alternatives become available soon...

Has anyone managed to connect the SmallRig NP-F power adapter for the BMPCC/BMCC to the Pocket 4K?

It looks as if you could just connect the 5.5mm jack in Blackmagic's 'BMPCC 4K Cable Pack' to the 5.5mm connector of the SmallRig adapter.

But I'm not sure whether this also works in practice, and whether plus- and minus-poles will be right...

Quote Originally Posted by kin869 View Post
    Here's the link to it. About $86 total including shipping. Hopefully some cheaper alternatives become available soon...
    Is this pretty much the same thing? ($27.90 USD): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BMPC...951930525.html

Anyone brave enough to try?

You can run a dummy battery DC connected to a 12v powerbank also. I have tested it with my Lanpart Canon Dummy to 12v Varavon powerbank that is also switchable to 7.2V

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    You can run a dummy battery DC connected to a 12v powerbank also. I have tested it with my Lanpart Canon Dummy to 12v Varavon powerbank that is also switchable to 7.2V
    someone recently tried a dummy battery on facebook, it got stuck also and I think damaged the port trying to remove it out.

Quote Originally Posted by paragram View Post
    Has anyone managed to connect the SmallRig NP-F power adapter for the BMPCC/BMCC to the Pocket 4K?

It looks as if you could just connect the 5.5mm jack in Blackmagic's 'BMPCC 4K Cable Pack' to the 5.5mm connector of the SmallRig adapter.

But I'm not sure whether this also works in practice, and whether plus- and minus-poles will be right...

I ended up getting this dummy battery with this barrel converter and hooked everything up to the SmallRig battery plate.

It works well enough for me. I like that I can mount it on the camera and it gives me longer battery life than the LP-E6. The downside is you can't see the amount of battery remaining, but I usually have my Pocket 4K display voltage, which gives me a good indication that the battery is low when it drops below 7V. I'll definitely be sticking with my V-mount batteries for real shoots though.

Here's another one that you can get today: http://www.coreswx.com/product/ptc-bmpc4/

Looking for something similar but rather than coming from Dtap, a female 2.5mm connector on one end. Would love to use my old Juice Box battery with the P4K. I'm using it now via a dummy battery but the Juice Box is 12v and I've been told using a dummy battery with 12v isn't safe, since the battery signal isn't supposed to be over 7.2v. Kind of makes sense.
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, BMPCC, GH4+Metabones, GoPro Hero4 Black, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

www.Vimeo.com/RedCrownCompany
    www.facebook.com/RedCrownCompany
    www.twitter.com/RedCrownCompany

Today I received the information that my "BM Cable Set" has been shipped. Im expecting to get it on monday/tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Light&Color View Post
    Today I received the information that my "BM Cable Set" has been shipped. Im expecting to get it on monday/tuesday.

Where did you order from?
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, BMPCC, GH4+Metabones, GoPro Hero4 Black, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

www.Vimeo.com/RedCrownCompany
    www.facebook.com/RedCrownCompany
    www.twitter.com/RedCrownCompany