Thread: P4K Observations thread

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    I've got more than 15 generic and after market batteries.

The ONLY one that has been stuck had some camera tape stuck to it.

JB

Yeah, I have three different brands and none have gotten stuck. Even accidentally left some craft tape on a battery, but it came out fine!

All this crying about battery life is seriously killing me.

Guys... you're holding a product with the same IQ as other cameras 8X it's price.

Go buy a Canon T2i or 60D and shoot at 1080p if you want all day battery life.

I use a Sony NP F750 that came with the Atomos Shogun via a dummy Canon LP-E6 on a shoot and it lasted 2hrs as expected. I still get the battery indicator stuck at 0% though which is very puzzling. I use to get the level bar when I first got the camera and this change to 0% after I connected the mains adapter. Canon OEM reliably show the % percentages according to how much charge it has

I'm very happy with the battery life of the p4k. It could be better, but it's definitely not a problem, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    I use a Sony NP F750 that came with the Atomos Shogun via a dummy Canon LP-E6 on a shoot and it lasted 2hrs as expected. I still get the battery indicator stuck at 0% though which is very puzzling. I use to get the level bar when I first got the camera and this change to 0% after I connected the mains adapter. Canon OEM reliably show the % percentages according to how much charge it has
    Have you checked to see if that third battery registration pin/switch posted in the other thread is damaged on your camera?

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    Have you checked to see if that third battery registration pin/switch posted in the other thread is damaged on your camera?
    I think the taping down of this battery detect lever is definitely a good idea. It is a design fail as far as I'm concern.

Quote Originally Posted by misterkofa View Post

Guys... you're holding a product with the same IQ as other cameras 8X it's price.

Word. What is it about a 12v input, USB-C, and Canon dummy batteries people don't understand? Charging and carrying heaps of little batteries is bloody annoying. The size bothers me a bit because it won't fit on my Ronin M, and the highlights appear to fall off a cliff (especially the reds) but for the money I could buy a P4K, a new car, and still have change for the cost of a RED.
    http://www.gamma-movie.com The IndieGathering 2016 best Sci-Fi feature screenplay.

Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    Word. What is it about a 12v input, USB-C, and Canon dummy batteries people don't understand? Charging and carrying heaps of little batteries is bloody annoying. The size bothers me a bit because it won't fit on my Ronin M, and the highlights appear to fall off a cliff (especially the reds) but for the money I could buy a P4K, a new car, and still have change for the cost of a RED.
    Exactly, and it would wipe the floor with an old Scarlet, could still get a decent used car for the price difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by misterkofa View Post

Just because it's a fantastic camera, doesn't make it any less annoying. It is possible to understand that the P4K is a great value while also acknowledging its faults. We don't have to handwave things away with "but it's such a great value!".

Actually, my first camera was a T2i. I've been shooting on BMD cameras since their first camera. I understand the value here--but getting 1 hour of footage out of three LPE6 batteries is bonkers.

However, reading some of the helpful responses above, I'm going to do some tests with the battery connector.