Thread: P4K Observations thread

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    For some reason the Black Shading / Calibrate Sensor is disabled on my pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by soarprod View Post
    For some reason the Black Shading / Calibrate Sensor is disabled on my pocket?
    The Pocket doesn't have black shading.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzzxx View Post
    The 0.58x speedbooster will not work on the Pocket 4k. It was made for a much smaller sensor, so it projects the image in too small a format (so you will get massive vignetting). The XL will only work with full-frame lenses.
    fanx!

so the right speedbooster to use apsc lenses is the .71?

Yep, 0.71x works with aps-c and full frame lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzzxx View Post
    Yep, 0.71x works with aps-c and full frame lenses.
    Has this been tested? Has anyone heard from Metabones? That is great news if the 0.71x works with both APS-C and FF. I wonder if there are vignette at certain focal length.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Has this been tested? Has anyone heard from Metabones? That is great news if the 0.71x works with both APS-C and FF. I wonder if there are vignette at certain focal length.
    0.71x focal reducers have been working with APS-C and full frame lenses for years now?

The main thing is the image circle it projects, which you can simply look up / calculcate, and then look up the image circle required to fully expose the Pocket 4K. I believe 18mm on an APS-C lens might be on the border, but I have not heard anything about vignetting yet from folks having shot the Pocket 4K with a Metabones ULTRA and a Sigma ART 18-35.

I haven't heard anything about this feature - wireless or Bluetooth support. Does the P4K shipping today has this feature available? What can you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by okb812 View Post
    0.71x focal reducers have been working with APS-C and full frame lenses for years now?

The main thing is the image circle it projects, which you can simply look up / calculcate, and then look up the image circle required to fully expose the Pocket 4K. I believe 18mm on an APS-C lens might be on the border, but I have not heard anything about vignetting yet from folks having shot the Pocket 4K with a Metabones ULTRA and a Sigma ART 18-35.
    I have very blurry corners at 18mm with my 18-35 and 0.71 SB and bad bokeh/veiling with f1.4 lenses and the 0.64 SB XL

Formated cards to exfat after randomly watching a youtube video recommending it. figured why not. card would not copy and disappear from Mac finder. luckily had windows on my mac and offloaded that way. Something for others to test pre shoot. Also had my first stuck third party battery from a bunch of 5 on a shoot. They sure get stuck well dont they.

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    Formated cards to exfat after randomly watching a youtube video recommending it. figured why not. card would not copy and disappear from Mac finder. luckily had windows on my mac and offloaded that way. Something for others to test pre shoot. Also had my first stuck third party battery from a bunch of 5 on a shoot. They sure get stuck well dont they.
    I believe HFS+ is the recommended recording format. Exfat is if you only have access to a Windows computer.